Follow the Dodgers Theme Song

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DODGER DEB
    Well, everyone, have I got a treat for you....

Go to www.baseballrecordings.com and on the left side of the page click on "Songs of Teams"... then scroll down to the photo showing the record of FOLLOW THE DODGERS...and click on. Make sure your speakers are turned way up.....

For those of you who never heard OUR SONG, you will really enjoy this.

For those of you, like me, heard Gladys playing OUR SONG each time WE entered OUR Ebbets Field, be prepared for a few tears.....ok, maybe a lot of tears.

In any case, I hope you all enjoy my find!

c.
    Thanks a lot Dodger Deb. I already put them on the top of my i tunes. They're great.
    "It kills me to lose. If I'm a troublemaker, and I don't think that my temper makes me one, then it's because I can't stand losing. That's the way I am about winning, all I ever wanted to do was finish first."

-Jackie Robinson

55 and 56 chmps.... The two headed monster

Comment

Originally posted by 55 chmps
      Thanks a lot Dodger Deb. I already put them on the top of my i tunes. They're great.
      You are quite welcome, 55 chmps.

Glad you enjoyed them!

c.

Comment

Originally posted by tonypug
        An interesting thing about Gladys Gooding. I have a dozen or so recordings of Brooklyn Dodger games from Ebbets Field when she sings the National Anthem. Each time it is sung a little differently. Sometimes faster, sometimes slower, empasizing different words each time. That was the great thing about her singing it live each day. Some days she sounded great other days not so great.But hearing her sing from Ebbets Field is always great.
        I have the three 1949 WS games from Ebbets Field on tape, and everytime I hear Gladys Gooding sing, I think of Marget Dumont in Duck Soup

Comment

New Dodgers Related Recording!

Greetings Fans O' the Bums

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up. Baseballrecordings.com has picked up a new Dodger recording. It's an old 78rpm from the Armed Forces Radio Services, but that is really all that is known about it, at least by me.

It's a DRAGNET spoof that talks about the Dodgers. It contains a LOT of 50's Dodger references. You guys are the experts. Can you help me out?

Some questions I need answered if possible.
          Aside from Erskine (and maybe Preacher Roe) who are the other players referenced?

Does this "murder" refer to a specific event?

Anyone know the origin of this recording and has anyone heard it before?

Can you help with the more obscure references in this piece?

Here is the link to the new recording.
          http://www.baseballrecordings.com/Dragnet Dodgers.mp3
          It should be up on baseballrecordings.com soon, but for now it's all yours.

Dave
          :radio
          I Talk To Myself

Comment

And even more music here

Baseball Music Rules Thread

http://baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=45269

If someone does find "Follow the Dodgers" song post it here also.
            Family Autograph Thread
            http://baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=75871

Comment

Follow the Dodgers is available on the front page of the Baseballrecordings.com website.

Comment

Originally posted by I talk to myself
                Greetings Fans O' the Bums

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up. Baseballrecordings.com has picked up a new Dodger recording. It's an old 78rpm from the Armed Forces Radio Services, but that is really all that is known about it, at least by me.

It's a DRAGNET spoof that talks about the Dodgers. It contains a LOT of 50's Dodger references. You guys are the experts. Can you help me out?

Some questions I need answered if possible.
                Aside from Erskine (and maybe Preacher Roe) who are the other players referenced?

Does this "murder" refer to a specific event?

Anyone know the origin of this recording and has anyone heard it before?

Can you help with the more obscure references in this piece?

Here is the link to the new recording.
                http://www.baseballrecordings.com/Dragnet Dodgers.mp3
                It should be up on baseballrecordings.com soon, but for now it's all yours.
                I wanted to give this a bump. This recording has been listened to about 90 times in the last couple of weeks and this is the only link to it on the entire web. I am still looking for more info about it. Can any of the 90 or so of you that have listened give me more info on it?

Comment

Would you kindly send a copy of the mp3 of "Follow the Dodgers?" Although I was born in LA after the exodus, my husband was born in Brooklyn before it, and we're both passing the Dodger fanaticism to our almost-five year old (he is a fourth generation LA dodger fan...). I want to hear the music to see if I've ever heard it played by either Helen Dell or our current organist, Nancy B.

Comment

in the first couple of seasons when this imposter organization played on the left coast, they did use the theme song (of course It didn't seem to annoy these imposters there is a line in the song that says there's a baseball club in Brooklyn a team they call dem bums.

But what the hell, truth and class was never a part of that organization under the fat slob.

Comment

Originally posted by MATHA531 View Post
                      in the first couple of seasons when this imposter organization played on the left coast, they did use the theme song (of course It didn't seem to annoy these imposters there is a line in the song that says there's a baseball club in Brooklyn a team they call dem bums.

But what the hell, truth and class was never a part of that organization under the fat slob.
                      At first O'Malley wanted to call his team the Los Angeles Brooklyn Dodgers, but was talked out of it.
                      Lets get Eddie Basinski elected to the Polish Sports Hall of Fame.
                      www.brooklyndodgermemories.com

Comment

Originally posted by tonypug View Post
                        At first O'Malley wanted to call his team the Los Angeles Brooklyn Dodgers, but was talked out of it.
                        Oh you mean like the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim...yes I can see it now

The Brooklyn Dodgers of Los Angeles or maybe

the Brooklyn Dodgers of La La Land

Comment

Originally posted by trickyjo View Post
                          Would you kindly send a copy of the mp3 of "Follow the Dodgers?" Although I was born in LA after the exodus, my husband was born in Brooklyn before it, and we're both passing the Dodger fanaticism to our almost-five year old (he is a fourth generation LA dodger fan...). I want to hear the music to see if I've ever heard it played by either Helen Dell or our current organist, Nancy B.
                          You can go to baseballrecordings.com and then go to the "songs about teams" page, or if you are pressed for time (and you can spend a good bit of it at the website) you can just click HERE.

Comment

new to this board...

Hi there, Im brand new here, just joined today because I have been searching for months for an an Mp3 of Follow the Dodgers for my grandfather. We still live in Brooklyn and he has refused to watch baseball since 1958, although he does come with me to Cyclones games when I can get him there... if anyone who posted above still has an Mp3 of the song they can send me so I can put it on a cd for him, I would appreciate it more that you can imagine!

John

Brkl97@gmail.com

Comment

gladys gooding and the dodgers

some one should make this record available for sale, many of us would buy it. also now that the omalley's are gone, I harbor no ill feelings toward the dodgers. after all Gil, Duke and pee wee didn't want to leave Brooklyn. the team in la just needs to come home. I would welcome them with open arms, as hope all of you would. leave la to the angels, the dodgers belong to Brooklyn. It would be great for the city and even better for base ball. no matter where they are they are always and only Brooklyn dodgers. there are no la dodgers, It's a myth, propaganda, an illusion, regardless of location and logos we just need to refer to them as the Brooklyn dodgers until somebody wises up and corrects a mistake. yea the Brooklyn dodgers were pioneers, they colonised the west. now the west doesn't want or need them any more. tear the la off the hat and jersey's, no need for that here. just Brooklyn and dodgers. think of it as if the dodgers are off on a quest, they've been spreading a different kind of religion. (baseball) It's now time to come home, the Brooklyn dodgers need to come home, it's time.:gt I'll be happy when the rallying cry is "wait till this year"
                              Last edited by dodger dynamo; 09-17-2007, 02:43 PM. Reason: left out word

Comment

Originally posted by dodger dynamo View Post
                                leave la to the angels, the dodgers belong to Brooklyn. It would be great for the city and even better for base ball. no matter where they are they are always and only Brooklyn dodgers.
                                Hello, I am a huge dodger fan! I have tremendous respect for the dodgers Brooklyn roots. I’ve even spoke to friends about the scenario if the Dodgers returned to Brooklyn. The result would just be my friends and I rooting for a Brooklyn team. I would have no problem with that at all and would let them go with out a fight. I feel many other dodger fans would do the same.

Also, The Angel are not an L.A. team. There stadium is in Anaheim. They my as well say that Disneyland is located in L.A. if they are to say the Angels are. I angers me to no end that they tacked on L.A. to that team.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X