1949 world series game 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1949 world series game 3

i have been listening to an audio tape of the 3rd game of the '49 series game 3 on my car radio. even though i was too young to remember the actual series, i turned 6 after the series ended, this was so real to me it seemed to be happening as i listened. red barber did the play-by-play along with mel allen. his description of ebbets field to a nation who had never seen the old ballpark was so vivid, it almost brought tears to my eyes. his description of duke snider as "a thin willowy 23 year old young power hitter", and gil hodges as a " strong power hitter who is coming on fast as a good fielding first sacker". this is a complete game with all the between inning gillette ads. a funny aside, i had pulled into a supermarket parking spot and as was listening an elderly gent who putting packages into his trunk came to me and asked if that was red barber on the radio. i told him what i was listening to and he stood outside my car and listened to a jackie robinson at-bat. he was thrilled as i told him i would burn him a copy. if someone can let me know how to download the 4 cd's from my documents or my windows media player, i would be glad to share with everyone.

The ninth inning of this game is one of the most exciting innings that I've ever listened to.

Comment

You will find many games from the Miley Collection on the Holley Music website..

http://www.cooperstownmusic.com/complete.htm

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X