West Coasters to wear Brooklyn Dodgers jerseys this summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EdTarbusz View Post
    Ridiculous as in playing in one city while wearing the name of another city on your uniform.
    X
    What's THAT guy doing?
    - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

Those great home jerseys that said Brooklyn were really silly looking.
      Agreed. There's nothing I hate more than a faux throwback, and those snow-white Brooklyn home jerseys were awful, as were the Mets "NY" fauxbacks last season. If you're going to wear a vintage uniform, at least make it one that actually existed.
      Last edited by jnakamura; 02-09-2011, 10:47 PM.
      I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
      - Walt Whitman

Comment

The Giants wearing throwback NY jerseys is as ridiculous as the LA Dodgers wearing Brooklyn throwbacks.
        And as the Indy Colts wearing vintage Baltimore jerseys as they often do....But not quite as ridiculous as the NY Jets thowback game in which the NY "Titans" played against the Tennessee Titans; or when the Braves wore their Milwaukee throwbacks in Milwaukee against the Brewers..

Gosh, it's all so confusing.
        Last edited by jnakamura; 02-09-2011, 10:45 PM.
        - Walt Whitman

Comment

Originally posted by jnakamura View Post
          And as the Indy Colts wearing vintage Baltimore jerseys as they often do....But not quite as ridiculous as the NY Jets thowback game in which the NY "Titans" played against the Tennessee Titans; or when the Braves wore their Milwaukee throwbacks in Milwaukee against the Brewers..

The only one of the examples that you cited that makes any sense is the Jets/Titans. Wearing the uniform of a team that doesn't exist anymore is ridiculous.

Comment

On 08 October 1957, thanks to the greed of a sub human named Walter O'Malley, the Dodgers ceased to exist. In 1890, the National League authorized the Brooklyn Natinal League baseball team to operate a National League franchise in Brooklyn. It was the choice of the demented owner that he no longer wished to play in Brooklyn, therefore his franchise was voided and he had no right to continue to use the name Dodgers. The current imposter organization playing in Los Angeles has no connection whatsoever with the Brooklyn Dodgers. They chose to trade in that name in 1957 when they abandoned the name Brooklyn National League baseball club. They are the Los Angerles National League baseball club formed in 1958 and are entitled to all the history thereof dating from 1958. For them to even suggest they have anything to do with Brooklyn is almost criminal.

Comment

The Giants wearing throwback NY jerseys is as ridiculous as the LA Dodgers wearing Brooklyn throwbacks.
              That's your opinion. I think it's neat for the Giants to honor their NY roots on occasion.
              Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

I hope we don't choose the 1940s model. Although it's one of my all time favorite jerseys, not using satin will make it look like a bad 1970s dream.
                - Walt Whitman

Comment

We had this discussion a few years ago. The Los Angeles Dodgers are not the Brooklyn Dodgers.

A franchise is the right or license granted by a company to an individual or group to market its products or services in a specific territory.

Los Angeles is not Brooklyn.

Baseball has considered a team that moves from one city to another as the same franchise. The fact that baseball is powerful does not make it right.
                  Baseball articles you might not like but should read.

Comment

Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
                    That's your opinion. I think it's neat for the Giants to honor their NY roots on occasion.
                    If it's that neat, then why don't they both just move back to Brooklyn and New York, and then REALLY honor their traditions? :headbeat:
                    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
                      If it's that neat, then why don't they both just move back to Brooklyn and New York, and then REALLY honor their traditions? :headbeat:
                      Build a stadium in Brooklyn and Manhattan for them to play in.
                      - Walt Whitman

Comment

Originally posted by jnakamura View Post

Being from Baltimore I hate when the team in Indy wear my Colt's jerseys. So I understand your hatred for LA wearing Brooklyn Jerseys

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X