Oldest Living-MLB Player and Brooklyn Dodger Tony Malinosky Passed Away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oldest Living-MLB Player and Brooklyn Dodger Tony Malinosky Passed Away

Tony Malinosky who was 101 passed away on Tuesday.

Mr. Malinosky played 35 games for the Brooklyn Dodgers in 1937.

I still remember when he was honored at Dodger Stadium in 2009.

He attended Whittier College in California where he was a classmate of future US President Richard Nxon. During World War II, Mr Malinosky was drafted by the United States Army with whom he saw combat in the Battle of the Bulge.

Rest in peace Mr. Malinosky (October 7, 1909 - February 8, 2011).

Now the oldest living Major League player is Connie Marrero who was born on 8/11/1911 and played with the Washington Senators from 1950 to 1954.

The oldest Brooklyn living Major leaguer player is Mike Sandlock born 10/17/1915

pic from Insidethedodgers.mlblog.com

Malinosky, oldest living player passes away

Tony Malinosky passed away yesterday, he was the oldest living player, putting in 35 games for the Brooklyn TrolleyDodgers back in '37. The article here
    I have Evan Longorias hat

Comment

DriftersGM,
      Thanks for sharing that article. I learn a few things more about Mr. Malinosky, may he rest in peace. I remember when I saw him at Dodger Stadium and getting all giddy seeing him there. I did not know he lived in El Monte.

Comment

Thanks for the stories, folks...sorry to hear about Tony Malinosky. But you couldn't ask for a more delightful character to inherit his mantle than Conrado Marrero (may he be with us for years to come).

Comment

whoa, i thought i started this thread?!?
          I have Evan Longorias hat

Comment

Originally posted by DriftersGM View Post
            whoa, i thought i started this thread?!?
            Drifters, You did. I had started one the day before you so I guess someone here merged them.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X