Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jayzeeg
    replied
    sorry doug, my wish is that the o'malley family NEVER owned them. they would still be in brooklyn.

Leave a comment:

• doug217
    replied
    Oh, and I slightly weep for the lost youth that we have all lost. The Dodgers meant a lot for a lot of you. I loved the LA Dodgers of my era for a specific reason.
    In 1981, I sent mail to every MLB team requesting a simple pocket schedule of games.
    Only the Dodgers set me not just a schedule but game programs a Dodger bumper sticker and a video "high fivin with the Dodgers" classless move, to Los Angeles, but a classy team. I wish the o'Mally family still owned them.

Leave a comment:

• doug217
    started a topic Pee Wee

Pee Wee

I am so proud that Pee wee was from my home town, Louisville, and that he played for the Dodgers, as well as the Louisville Colonels.
    There is a statue of him in front of Louisville Slugger Field heed in Louisville, and I was proud that my ex wife and I were there to see the dedication of it.
    We were both honored to meet Joe Black.
    I wasn't around to know the true Dodgers, but I am an expert about Dodger history. Please know that someone who wasn't around at the time would have loved to have seen Ebbets Field and the real Dodgers.
    My girlfriend doesn't understand, but when I watch or read about Brooklyn Dodger history, I "get it". I love baseball, and the Dodgers.

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X