Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

May 25th 1941 Reiser hits inside the park grand slam, future Super Solider sees it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May 25th 1941 Reiser hits inside the park grand slam, future Super Solider sees it

In the Captain America movie, there is a bit at the end where Cap is found and woken up by a government agency in 2011.

In order to slowly accumulate him into society, an old Dodger game (Cap being from Brooklyn and fought in WWII) is on an old time radio. Cap hears it, recognizes the broadcast from a game he attended in May of 1941 and realizes that he is not in his time.

The call is of Red Barber describing Pete Reiser's inside the park grand slam from May 25, 1941.
    NY Sports Day Independent Gotham Sports Coverage
    Mets360 Mets Past, Present and Future
    Talking Mets Baseball. A baseball blog with a Mets bias

I wonder how pissed Capt America was when they told him the Dodgers sold out Brooklyn?
    unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
    unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
    unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

Comment

I've heard comments about what a fine player Pete Reiser was and how, if he'd avoided injury, he would have been a all-time great.

It's about his outfield wall runins I wonder most....

Were these collisions due to inability to read where the wall was or was he just so hell-bent on catching the ball, he'd risk injury?

Comment

Originally posted by Iowanic View Post
        I've heard comments about what a fine player Pete Reiser was and how, if he'd avoided injury, he would have been a all-time great.

It's about his outfield wall runins I wonder most....

Were these collisions due to inability to read where the wall was or was he just so hell-bent on catching the ball, he'd risk injury?
        He played with reckless abandon which was one of the reasons he endeared himself to the Brooklyn fans (besides the obvious star talents)
        unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
        unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
        unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

Comment

Iowanic -- The popular theory (as discussed on other BB-F boards in the past) is that the warning track came about because of Reiser. There is at least some evidence tio suggest otherwise, though.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X