Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Knight dies, was official baseball historian of Brooklyn

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/07/sp...t-89.html?_r=1

Thanks for sharing this, Macker. Sounds like Tom Knight was an extraordinary collector of baseball facts and memorabilia.

I wonder what will happen to his collection? Would there be a place for it in the borough library or archives, or is it better suited to Cooperstown?

Comment

I'll bet that guy had 10,000 stories...I love the one about York. Not sure which player told this one, but York and Pete Fox were sitting in a hotel bar and were invited to dinner by some teammates passing through. They said they wanted to finish their beers and might try to catch up later.
      The group had dinner and made a night of it, came back late and found Fox and York in the exact same spots...surrounded by dozens of dead soldiers. They hadn't even bothered to eat, just sat there downing one after another for hours. Not sure if it was the same player who said that York was the worst possible roommate because he had girls and drinking buddies in every town and the phone never stopped ringing all night long.

Anyway, RIP to Mr. Knight.
      "If I drink whiskey, I'll never get worms!" - Hack Wilson

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X