Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From a Milwaukee Braves tribute site...Sickening

Dear friends,

Check out this quote from http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nl/...milbraves.html

"1965: Following the 1964 season, the Braves reached an agreement to move the team to Atlanta for the 1965 season. However, Bud Selig a local used car salesman, and minority Braves stockholder sued to block the move. Selig argued that a baseball team owed it to its community to remain loyal, and not seek new homes, because the loss of a baseball team meant the loss identity. A judge would grant an injunction forcing the Braves to stay in Milwaukee for one more season, but in the end the move to Atlanta was not going to be stopped. The Braves would go on to finish with an 86-76 record, despite playing a lame duck season in Milwaukee. During the club's 13 years in Milwaukee the Braves finished each season above .500. While the Braves were on their way to Atlanta the city of Milwaukee, would on be without Major League Baseball for 5 years, as Bud Selig the man who fought to keep the Braves, would eventually bring a team back to Milwaukee in 1970."

Makes me sick...Especially after what he did to the Expos...:

Grand Slam.
    Last edited by Grand Slam; 09-16-2006, 02:55 PM.

I like sportsecyclopedia.com, but there are too many spelling errors.
    1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

1904 1946 1967 1975 1986

1975 1986 1988 1990 1995 2007

Comment

What's the problem here?? Knee-jerk anti-Seligism?? Until the Expos fiasco, no team had moved on Selig's watch and that wouldn't have happened had some one stepped forward with the cash and will to keep the Expos in Canada.
      Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Originally posted by bostonredsox1975
        I like sportsecyclopedia.com, but there are too many spelling errors.
        I agree. They should get a regular proofer.
        46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

I can't believe this :grouchy
          Cristobal

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Slam
            Dear friends,

Check out this quote from http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nl/...milbraves.html

"1965: Following the 1964 season, the Braves reached an agreement to move the team to Atlanta for the 1965 season. However, Bud Selig a local used car salesman, and minority Braves stockholder sued to block the move. Selig argued that a baseball team owed it to its community to remain loyal, and not seek new homes, because the loss of a baseball team meant the loss identity. A judge would grant an injunction forcing the Braves to stay in Milwaukee for one more season, but in the end the move to Atlanta was not going to be stopped. The Braves would go on to finish with an 86-76 record, despite playing a lame duck season in Milwaukee. During the club's 13 years in Milwaukee the Braves finished each season above .500. While the Braves were on their way to Atlanta the city of Milwaukee, would on be without Major League Baseball for 5 years, as Bud Selig the man who fought to keep the Braves, would eventually bring a team back to Milwaukee in 1970."

Makes me sick...Especially after what he did to the Expos...:

Grand Slam.
            I, too, have always wondered about the almost fanatical hatred of Bud Selig from certain people, but now I think I know. The quote above says it all, read: used car salesman.
            Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to yours. - Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by Dodgerfan1 View Post
              I, too, have always wondered about the almost fanatical hatred of Bud Selig from certain people, but now I think I know. The quote above says it all, read: used car salesman.
              This is from an American (Etats-Unis). I think both Bud Selig and Jeffrey Loria are, in the words of Louis LeBeau (Robert Clary) on "Hogan's Heroes":
              DIRTY VACHES!
              MISSISSIPPI BRAVES 10TH SEASON IN THE SOUTHERN LEAGUE 2005-2014

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X