Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Expos Trivia (very easy)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Expos Trivia (very easy)

    Two former Expos pitchers lead the Majors for Wins since 2000, with 103 during that six years period (2000-2001-2002-2003-2004-2005). Who are they?
    « But what's puzzlin' you is the nature of my game... »

  • #2
    Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Chisox73
      Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez?
      Randy 's one of them , but not Pedro...

      One down, one to go...
      « But what's puzzlin' you is the nature of my game... »

      Comment


      • #4
        not really sure but is it Javier Vazquez
        "All I had was natural ability."
        -Mickey Mantle

        55 chmps and I are always looking to extend our unbeaten trivia record!

        Comment


        • #5
          Bartolo Colon.
          Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

          Comment


          • #6
            Right .... That's Johnson and Colon.

            For your info, here are all pitchers who have 80 wins or more since 2000 :

            Code:
            1. Colon	Bartolo	103
            1. Johnson	Randy	103
            3. Maddux	Greg	97
            3. Mulder	Mark	97
            5. Hudson	Tim	95
            6. Clemens	Roger	94
            7. Schilling	Curt	93
            8. Pettitte	Andy	91
            9. Martinez	Pedro	90
            10. Mussina	Mike	88
            10. Glavine	Tom	88
            12. Moyer	Jamie	87
            13. Zito	Barry	86
            13. Ortiz	Russ	86
            13. Wells	David	86
            16. Buehrle	Mark	85
            17. Hernandez	Livan	83
            17. Oswalt	Roy	83
            19. Garcia	Freddy	82
            19. Morris	Matt	82
            « But what's puzzlin' you is the nature of my game... »

            Comment


            • #7
              The Expos sent Rene Gonzales and John Stefero to the Orioles for which future ace in 1986?

              Dennis Martinez
              Pedro Martinez
              Bill Gullickson
              Steve Rogers
              Cristobal

              Comment


              • #8
                Footnote : another ex-Expo leads for losses !

                Here's the "Top 20" list for Losses in MLB for the 2000-2005 period :

                Code:
                1. Hernandez	Livan	77
                2. Weaver	Jeff	75
                3. Johnson	Jason	74
                4. Ponson	Sidney	70
                4. Vazquez	Javier	70
                6. Clement	Matt	69
                6. Suppan	Jeff	69
                8. Wells	Kip	68
                8. Glavine	Tom	68
                10. Redman	Mark	66
                10. Trachsel	Steve	66
                12. Maddux	Greg	63
                13. Sheets	Ben	62
                13. Radke	Brad	62
                15. Mussina	Mike	61
                15. Rusch	Glendon	61
                15. Garland	Jon	61
                15. Colon	Bartolo	61
                15. Lawrence	Brian	61
                15. Leiter	Al	61
                Well, Livan still has a winning record, with 83 wins... And he also leads all MLB pitchers for innings pitched with 1417,1.
                Last edited by Chicoutimi CP; 01-15-2006, 11:29 AM.
                « But what's puzzlin' you is the nature of my game... »

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by wilkerson_rulz
                  The Expos sent Rene Gonzales and John Stefero to the Orioles for which future ace in 1986?

                  Dennis Martinez
                  Pedro Martinez
                  Bill Gullickson
                  Steve Rogers
                  El Presidente-Dennis Martinez

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Final footnote : another ex-Expo leads WL% 2000-05!

                    Here is the "Top 20" list of W-L% for pitchers with at least 80 decisions, covering seasons from 2000 to 2005. Another ex-Expo leads the pack.

                    Code:
                    Name            W-L       PCT
                    Pedro Martinez	90-34	0,726
                    Roger Clemens	94-38	0,712
                    Randy Johnson	103-48	0,682
                    Roy Oswalt	83-39	0,680
                    Tim Hudson	95-46	0,674
                    Andy Pettitte	91-45	0,669
                    David Wells	86-44	0,662
                    Roy Halladay	70-36	0,660
                    Mark Mulder	97-50	0,660
                    Curt Schilling	93-48	0,660
                    Jason Schmidt	75-39	0,658
                    Matt Morris	82-48	0,631
                    Jamie Moyer	87-51	0,630
                    Bartolo Colon	103-61	0,628
                    Barry Zito	86-53	0,619
                    Chris Carpenter	61-38	0,616
                    Mark Buehrle	85-53	0,616
                    Greg Maddux	97-63	0,606
                    C.C. Sabathia	69-45	0,605
                    Freddy Garcia	82-54	0,603
                    Among pitchers on the mount for at least 400 IPs from 2000 to 2005, Pedro also comes second for ERA (2.58, behind Mariano Rivera's 2.11); first for WHIP (0.96), and sixth for SO/9 Innings (10.35).
                    Last edited by Chicoutimi CP; 01-16-2006, 03:13 PM.
                    « But what's puzzlin' you is the nature of my game... »

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Chicoutimi CP
                      Here's the "Top 20" list for Losses in MLB for the 2000-2005 period :

                      Code:
                      1. Hernandez	Livan	77
                      2. Weaver	Jeff	75
                      3. Johnson	Jason	74
                      4. Ponson	Sidney	70
                      4. Vazquez	Javier	70
                      6. Clement	Matt	69
                      6. Suppan	Jeff	69
                      8. Wells	Kip	68
                      8. Glavine	Tom	68
                      10. Redman	Mark	66
                      10. Trachsel	Steve	66
                      12. Maddux	Greg	63
                      13. Sheets	Ben	62
                      13. Radke	Brad	62
                      15. Mussina	Mike	61
                      15. Rusch	Glendon	61
                      15. Garland	Jon	61
                      15. Colon	Bartolo	61
                      15. Lawrence	Brian	61
                      15. Leiter	Al	61
                      Well, Livan still has a winning record, with 83 wins... And he also leads all MLB pitchers for innings pitched with 1417,1.
                      Livan sure is a bull and IMO he is one of the Top 10 pitchers in all of baseball.
                      2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Who is the worst Expo of all-time?

                        Answer: sitaT odnanreF :grouchy
                        Cristobal

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by wilkerson_rulz
                          Who is the worst Expo of all-time?

                          Answer: sitaT odnanreF :grouchy
                          That'd be Fernando Tatis.
                          "It kills me to lose. If I'm a troublemaker, and I don't think that my temper makes me one, then it's because I can't stand losing. That's the way I am about winning, all I ever wanted to do was finish first."

                          -Jackie Robinson

                          55 and 56 chmps.... The two headed monster

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by 55 chmps
                            That'd be Fernando Tatis.
                            Quite correct.
                            Cristobal

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I had done I little while back, my not quite all-star Expos team of the last 20 years or so of the franchise. I'll try to locate it and post it for your reading pleasure.
                              From now until the end of September, I'll be chronicling in real time on Twitter the 1946 season of the International league's Montréal Royals, when Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier in professional baseball. Check it out: https://twitter.com/Royals_46season

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X