Face of the franchise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Face of the franchise

This question has been asked a lot on the Baseball Fever board, but nothing about Montreal so far. So who is the "Montreal Expos Face of the Franchise"? If you think about another player, pleass tell us why.

EDIT : Tim Wallach is missing from the list, I know. My mistake. Those who would vote for him please send a message.
    Gary Carter
    30.00%
    Andre Dawson
    20.00%
    Vladimir Guerrero
    30.00%
    Dennis Martinez
    0.00%
    Pedro Martinez
    0.00%
    Tim Raines
    10.00%
    Steve Rogers
    10.00%
    Tim Wallach
    0.00%
    Other
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Chicoutimi CP; 03-31-2007, 11:11 AM.
    « But what's puzzlin' you is the nature of my game... »

I added Walach so those who want to vote for him can.

I'm only 20 for me I guess the obvious choice would be Vlad. However, there is one other guy, who I alway liked who I saw as a leader during my lifetime and it's Orlando Cabrera. Gotta show Rusty some love too. He's the Grand Orange, how do you go against him. I'm really looking to hear from some of the older fans, I wonder who they will chose. I'm guna sit back and reflect on my vote before casting it, this is a tough decision.
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Ontarioguy View Post
      I added Walach so those who want to vote for him can.

I'm only 20 for me I guess the obvious choice would be Vlad. However, there is one other guy, who I alway liked who I saw as a leader during my lifetime and it's Orlando Cabrera. Gotta show Rusty some love too. He's the Grand Orange, how do you go against him. I'm really looking to hear from some of the older fans, I wonder who they will chose. I'm guna sit back and reflect on my vote before casting it, this is a tough decision.
      Rusty might have been my choice, but I thought he was not here long enough (3 years). I still had trouble writing Pedro in also because of his short stay (4 years).

BTW, I am one of these older fans
      Last edited by Chicoutimi CP; 03-31-2007, 12:19 PM.
      « But what's puzzlin' you is the nature of my game... »

Comment

If you look at longevity and impact, it has to come down to Gary Carter or Steve Rogers.
        The Montreal Expos Forever!!

Comment

I voted Andre Dawson
          "He gave the term 'complete' a new meaning. He made the word 'superstar' seem inadequate. He had about him the touch of royalty." - Baseball Commissioner Bowie Kuhn on Roberto Clemente

my blog

4-16-07 RIP Va. Tech 32

Comment

A very tough question, Claude.

Guerrero was probably the best in terms of sheer talent. Carter is the only hall of famer, Raines was involved with the team for so long, he was even on the field for the very last game as an assistant. Staub and Carter were the two who got most involved in the community (Staub got so connected to Montréal in his short time here that when he left for the Mets, he took number 4 in honour of Montréal Canadiens captain Jean Béliveau)... this is a tough call.

I'm still undecided.
            From now until the end of September, I'll be chronicling in real time on Twitter the 1946 season of the International league's Montréal Royals, when Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier in professional baseball. Check it out: https://twitter.com/Royals_46season

Comment

Hawk Dawson IS the Expos. Or maybe Warren Cromartie.
              sigpic

Comment

Gary Carter.

Comment

I voted the great five-tool player in Vladimir Guerrero.
                  New York Mets 2007!!!!- 4-1 :gt

EIS SPRING TRAVEL TEAM 0-0

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X