Favorite food at the Big O

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite food at the Big O

I'll never forget those awesome hot-dogs (even though I like them, most people find them disgusting), at one time they were selling Queues de castor, or Castor Tails in English.

I like my hot-dogs smothered in mustard, onions coleslaw and a tad of relish.
    I'll never forget them!:atthepc Mmm!
    Cristobal

Those were some good hot dogs. I like my hotdog with nothing but Onions. Now I'm craving one right now.
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Ontarioguy
      Those were some good hot dogs. I like my hotdog with nothing but Onions. Now I'm craving one right now.
      It's not even 5:00 yet and I"m starving for some Big-O hot dogs!
      Cristobal

Comment

People thought those hot dogs were disgusting? I loved em! I think that the nearest equivalent to the big O hot dogs are the ones they sell at la belle province. I prefer those hot dogs to the huge ones they sell, I liked the bread too. I would prefer them with Sauerkraut (i'm half german it's funny but I don't think it has anything to do with my tastes ) ketchup and mustard. The good thing about them was also that they cost what like a buck 50? or 2.50? When I lived in San Francisco they would cost bout 4.00 american at the stadium. I don't want to start going on another out of topic discussion, but what kinda dogs do they sell at the Centre Bell? All I remember getting there is that free T-shirt they give out when you apply for a credit card or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Ex-Expo fan
          People thought those hot dogs were disgusting? I loved em! I think that the nearest equivalent to the big O hot dogs are the ones they sell at la belle province. I prefer those hot dogs to the huge ones they sell, I liked the bread too. I would prefer them with Sauerkraut (i'm half german it's funny but I don't think it has anything to do with my tastes ) ketchup and mustard. The good thing about them was also that they cost what like a buck 50? or 2.50? When I lived in San Francisco they would cost bout 4.00 american at the stadium. I don't want to start going on another out of topic discussion, but what kinda dogs do they sell at the Centre Bell? All I remember getting there is that free T-shirt they give out when you apply for a credit card or something.
          Centre Bell has average hot-dogs, they're average even good, but not filling.
          Personally, I don't recomend em.
          Cristobal

Comment

In december, I had to eat at the Bell Center before a game. Two (average) dogs, 8$. Then I remebered why I never eat anything while attending sporting events. Or at the movies for that matter. Le rapport qualité/quantité/prix is awful most of the time. And I'm cheap, so what are you gonna do...
            From now until the end of September, I'll be chronicling in real time on Twitter the 1946 season of the International league's Montréal Royals, when Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier in professional baseball. Check it out: https://twitter.com/Royals_46season

Comment

Originally posted by Augustin_"Gus"
              In december, I had to eat at the Bell Center before a game. Two (average) dogs, 8$. Then I remebered why I never eat anything while attending sporting events. Or at the movies for that matter. Le rapport qualité/quantité/prix is awful most of the time. And I'm cheap, so what are you gonna do...
              Two!!
              I needed 4 to fill me up, then I felt like puking after the game!
              Cristobal

Comment

The Bell Centre prices are a joke. Although their Fries are absolutely amazing. Except, I only get them if I'm not the one paying. I'm a cheap guy too. And I don't even like Ex so I don't bother with beer at a game. Food and Drink prices at pro-sports events are rediculous.

Once a year, at the Ottawa Lync 'AAA' games they have .25c Hot Dog day. Now that was awesome. Just picture it, "Can I have 8 Hotdogs please" "That'll be $2.00". I ate well at that game. They're good Hot Dogs too.

Keeping on the hotdog trend, I find Quebec really leads the way in Hot Dog culture. In Quebec you can really load up your Dog will all the goodies. In Ontario, you're lucky to get Relish. It's usually just a tube of mustard and ketchup.

And by the way, if you ask for a 'steamie' in Ontario, most people won't have a clue as to what you're talking about.

Comment

The Bell Centre prices are a joke. Although their Fries are absolutely amazing. Except, I only get them if I'm not the one paying. I'm a cheap guy too. And I don't even like Ex so I don't bother with beer at a game. Food and Drink prices at pro-sports events are rediculous.

Once a year, at the Ottawa Lync 'AAA' games they have .25c Hot Dog day. Now that was awesome. Just picture it, "Can I have 8 Hotdogs please" "That'll be $2.00". I ate well at that game. They're good Hot Dogs too.

Keeping on the hotdog trend, I find Quebec really leads the way in Hot Dog culture. In Quebec you can really load up your Dog will all the goodies. In Ontario, you're lucky to get Relish. It's usually just a tube of mustard and ketchup.

And by the way, if you ask for a 'steamie' in Ontario, most people won't have a clue as to what you're talking about.
                  I prefer steamies to toasted.
                  Cristobal

Comment

I'm just curious. Where there any good restaurants in the Neighbourhood of the Big O? Are they still open. All I can think of around there is the big movie theatre 'Star Cité'. Granted I usually took the Metro, but I did drive there once. Seemed pretty residential then all of the sudden you have the whole Olympic park.

Comment

I'm just curious. Where there any good restaurants in the Neighbourhood of the Big O? Are they still open. All I can think of around there is the big movie theatre 'Star Cité'. Granted I usually took the Metro, but I did drive there once. Seemed pretty residential then all of the sudden you have the whole Olympic park.
                      Everything around the Big O is dead now, besides Star Cité
                      Cristobal

Comment

Ohh man, I remember when entering the Big O. That hot mist, the smell of the hot dogs. The dark interior, the anouncer's voice, the wide open yellow seats, ...
                        I'm gonna cry:noidea :noidea :noidea

And by the way, the Bell Center's hot dogs are great!! And don't even think about those fries.....
                        REMEMBER THE EXPOS

Comment

Originally posted by Gjm130
                          And don't even think about those fries.....
                          Patates frites= Trans Fats=Heart disease=death=hello Expos!
                          Cristobal

Comment

Alors, mes amis, n'oubliez pas la viande fumée! Or as it was also known, "le smoked-meat." It wasn't anything close to Schwartz's quality, but it was still a different kind of ballpark chow.

Comment

Originally posted by VIBaseball
                              Alors, mes amis, n'oubliez pas la viande fumée! Or as it was also known, "le smoked-meat." It wasn't anything close to Schwartz's quality, but it was still a different kind of ballpark chow.
                              VIB, are you Canadian? Where did you learn French. I see you're in Brooklyn these days. What's your Montreal Connection?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X