Favorite food at the Big O

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ontarioguy
    VIB, are you Canadian? Where did you learn French. I see you're in Brooklyn these days. What's your Montreal Connection?
    My Montreal connection is the Expos, and my house, and Stephen Harper...
    Cristobal

Comment

Somehow I feel optimistic about Stephen Harper...
      REMEMBER THE EXPOS

Comment

I was always partial to the Italian sausage, smothered in mustard, onions, and peppers. Couldn't find them in 2004 though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ontarioguy
          VIB, are you Canadian? Where did you learn French. I see you're in Brooklyn these days. What's your Montreal Connection?
          J'avais étudié la belle langue depuis le quatrième grade à l'école tout pendant lycée et université (aux Etats-Unis).

But I can write it better now than I can speak it...I'm really rusty because the francophone community here is not so big.

A college buddy is a Montreal native and I visited several years in a row. That's how I know the Big O and La Charcuterie Hébraïque. I brought back a couple of jars of that Schwartz steak seasoning and my dad is demanding more! He thinks the other Montreal seasoning you can get in the supermarkets doesn't measure up.

Comment

Cool story, VIB. Yes, Schwartzes is a Montreal institution. Unfortunately I haven't been there yet. I need a job, badly.
            Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X