Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting to know the only Expos fans on BBF...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting to know the only Expos fans on BBF...

Well since there aren't many Expos fans that post here, I suggest we get to know each other a bit more. I know this sound s off-topic and can be ''invading'' your privacy rights but if you do not want to talk about yourself you don't have to.

For starters, my real name is Steve.
    I still go to school, high school to be exact.
    My all-time least favorite team is the FLORIDA MARLINS. :grouchy:
    I am born here in Montréal but I am originally Greek.
    I live 10 minutes from the Big O. 20 minutes by walking.
    Cristobal

What school do you go to, Steve?

Any plans for Cegep or is that in too distant a future?
    From now until the end of September, I'll be chronicling in real time on Twitter the 1946 season of the International league's Montréal Royals, when Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier in professional baseball. Check it out: https://twitter.com/Royals_46season

Comment

Originally posted by Augustin_"Gus"

Je fréquente le Collège Stanislas, école françasie (de France)
      Cegep is still far, but not that far...
      Cristobal

Comment

What is Cegep?

My name is Chris.

Born in 1967

Married with 2 children

Residence: Etten-Leur, The Netherlands

Baseball fan since 1981

Favorite teams: Yankees, Expos, Brooklyn Dodgers, Mariners and Braves.

Favorite position: Catcher. I am too old for that, so I am playing outfield now, but I loved to be the backstop.

Comment

Hey, I'm a more silent Expos fan, but a fan none the less.

I'm 20, live in Seattle, and am going to college right now

I've been a "fan" of baseball since '95, but didn't really get into it until 2001 (go figure).

I went on a trip up to Quebec in 2003, and at the end of my trip, was able to go to an Expos game. It was a great game against the Marlins (the Expos won!). I really enjoyed the $5 tickets (although we had to pay more to the scalper - who cares, it was still fun). Since then, I've been an Expos fan, and am hoping in the near future that baseball will find its way back there.

Comment

Originally posted by wilkerson_rulz
            Well since there aren't many Expos fans that post here, I suggest we get to know each other a bit more. I know this sound s off-topic and can be ''invading'' your privacy rights but if you do not want to talk about yourself you don't have to.

For starters, my real name is Steve.
            I still go to school, high school to be exact.
            My all-time least favorite team is the FLORIDA MARLINS. :grouchy:
            I am born here in Montréal but I am originally Greek.
            I live 10 minutes from the Big O. 20 minutes by walking.
            It only takes you 20 minutes to walk a distance that takes you, I'm assuming, 10 minutes to drive?
            Last edited by runningshoes; 01-26-2006, 01:33 PM.
            "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
            Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Originally posted by runningshoes53
              It only takes you 20 minutes to walk a distance that takes you, I'm assuming, to drive?
              It takes me 20 minutes to WALK and 10 minutes for someone else to DRIVE
              Cristobal

Comment

Originally posted by yankees rule
                What is Cegep?

My name is Chris.

Born in 1967

Married with 2 children

Residence: Etten-Leur, The Netherlands

Baseball fan since 1981

Favorite teams: Yankees, Expos, Brooklyn Dodgers, Mariners and Braves.

Favorite position: Catcher. I am too old for that, so I am playing outfield now, but I loved to be the backstop.
                CEGEP means "college" in Montreal
                Cristobal

Comment

Originally posted by Augustin_"Gus"

Congratulations on having a new enemy...

Comment

I'm Jeremy and I'm 19.

I was born and raised in Montreal until the age of 13. I then moved to small-town Ontario. I spent my High School years there and over all had a good time. As my last year of high school unfolded I was saddled with the decision of what to do next year, and in essence with the rest of my life. I really didn't know what I wanted to do after High School, so I got a job pumping gas and saved up. With that money I moved out of my parents home and back to Montreal. Living on your own gives you alot of time to think and alot of clarity. I now know what I want to do with my life. I'll stay in Montreal until next fall. I'll then return to Ontario and study Radio Brioadcasting.

Baseball wise, I'm much like Edgartohof. I've been a 'fan' since I was young. But only got heavily involved around 2002. I just don't think I had the attention span to be a hardcore fan before then. I had difficulty sitting through an entire game. This site has been invaluable in making me a smarter baseball fan.
                    Please read the Baseball Fever Site Policy and FAQ before posting.
                    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Ontarioguy
                      I'm Jeremy and I'm 19.

I was born and raised in Montreal until the age of 13. I then moved to small-town Ontario. I spent my High School years there and over all had a good time. As my last year of high school unfolded I was saddled with the decision of what to do next year, and in essence with the rest of my life. I really didn't know what I wanted to do after High School, so I got a job pumping gas and saved up. With that money I moved out of my parents home and back to Montreal. Living on your own gives you alot of time to think and alot of clarity. I now know what I want to do with my life. I'll stay in Montreal until next fall. I'll then return to Ontario and study Radio Brioadcasting.

Baseball wise, I'm much like Edgartohof. I've been a 'fan' since I was young. But only got heavily involved around 2002. I just don't think I had the attention span to be a hardcore fan before then. I had difficulty sitting through an entire game. This site has been invaluable in making me a smarter baseball fan.
                      What college did you go to
                      Cristobal

Comment

I was never really an Expos fan, but I never wished them any ill-will or anything like that. I was a huge fan of Tim Wallach fan, though.

I went to Le Stade Olympique a few times in the early '90s.
                        "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
                        Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Originally posted by runningshoes53
                          I was never really an Expos fan, but I never wished them any ill-will or anything like that. I was a huge fan of Tim Wallach fan, though.

I went to Le Stade Olympique a few times in the early '90s.
                          Can you be more specific? You were a fan of which Tim Wallach fan?

Sorry Troy. I could not let this one go.

Comment

Originally posted by yankees rule
                            Can you be more specific? You were a fan of which Tim Wallach fan?

Sorry Troy. I could not let this one go.
                            I don't really remember her name, but as I recall, she was always calling me Tim.
                            Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Originally posted by wilkerson_rulz
                              Je fréquente le Collège Stanislas, école françasie (de France)
                              Cegep is still far, but not that far...

We're almost neighbors. I work on Querbes, about a 2 minutes walk from Metro Outremont.
                              From now until the end of September, I'll be chronicling in real time on Twitter the 1946 season of the International league's Montréal Royals, when Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier in professional baseball. Check it out: https://twitter.com/Royals_46season

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X