No announcement yet.

Favorite Expos Uniforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the jerseys with the "M" on it, they had the 80's look, remniscent of Gary Carter and Tim Raines. BTW, did the Expos ever have alternate jerseys?
    2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

The Expos never had alternate jerseys.

Comment

Actually, if memory serves me correctly, the Expos did wear an alternate uniform, the blue jersey they use in Batting Practice and in Spring Training, on one occasion for a game. I believe it was in 2003, in Colorado (or was it in Philly? Not so sure). They had a couple of doubleheaders in a row, and they wore it for one game. I always wondered why the team didint do like every other major league franchise and wear their alternate more often. Then again, were the Expos ever like every other major league franchise?
        From now until the end of September, I'll be chronicling in real time on Twitter the 1946 season of the International league's Montréal Royals, when Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier in professional baseball. Check it out: https://twitter.com/Royals_46season

Comment

I voted for the last one. I like the pinstripes. Last one looks more like a baseball uniform "ought" to look.
          Last edited by Seattle1; 07-11-2006, 10:52 AM.

Comment

The originals. Tasteful and colorful. The shoulder piping that was added later was a bit much, plus the number on front was switched from blue to red which I didn't like as much. I love pinstripes but I didn't like the script "Expos." :atthepc

Comment

I like the original uniform. I'm a fan of expansion teams and they bring back my favorite memories.

Comment

The original uniforms (home or away) are absolutely beautiful - I liked the use of he solid blue batting helmet through 1975 (never like the tri-colour batting helmet) ... the 1992-2004 road uniform is one of the best in baseball.

Comment

The Expos were just 1 of 5 teams out of 26 at the time, never to wear sansabelt pants (elastic waistbands). Random fact for you.
                  The Ultimate Baseball Look

Modern Synthetic Baseball Fields

Comment

I went with Chisox73's pick of the 1980's uniforms.
                    "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

Originally posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
                      I went with Chisox73's pick of the 1980's uniforms.
                      I agree! I love those 1980s uniforms shown in post #10 by Chisox73! Great picture! That was the uniform worn by my favorite Expos as a kid: Carter, Raines, Dawson, Wallach, Bryn Smith, Fitzgerald, Webster, Brooks, etc.
                      "It ain't braggin' if you can do it." Dizzy Dean

Comment

Jacksonville

Would have been better if the jerseys were v-neck pullovers. Interesting to see Walker in a righthanded pose, a preview of the '97 ASG!
                        jack87.jpg

Comment

Pete Rose made his debut 50 years ago, but the Reds' unis then were awful, so here he is as an Expo.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom Dreamer View Post
                            Pete Rose made his debut 50 years ago, but the Reds' unis then were awful, so here he is as an Expo.
                            I saw Pete Rose play for the Expos in Wrigley Field in 84. I also saw Rose play at Wrigley for the Reds and Phillies.

Comment

It is said the Charles Bronfman himself designed those 80's unis with the shoulder and pants stripes. Thankfully, he did not quit his day job!
                              From now until the end of September, I'll be chronicling in real time on Twitter the 1946 season of the International league's Montréal Royals, when Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier in professional baseball. Check it out: https://twitter.com/Royals_46season

Comment

Originally posted by Augustin_"Gus" View Post
                                It is said the Charles Bronfman himself designed those 80's unis with the shoulder and pants stripes. Thankfully, he did not quit his day job!
                                Despite having a button-front jersey and belted pants, those uniforms were great. The Nationals dare not wear Expos uniforms.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X