what happened?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what happened?!

hey guys im wondering, what happened to all the expos gear, i cant find anything good online or in stores, and also, whats the stadium look like now? amy sign or trace of the expos left?

Originally posted by NYMFAN47 View Post
    hey guys im wondering, what happened to all the expos gear, i cant find anything good online or in stores, and also, whats the stadium look like now? amy sign or trace of the expos left?
    Over at whatever they call the place that the Habs play now you can find a banner commemorating the Expo retired uniform numbers, 8 Gary Carter, 10 Andre Dawson & Rusty Staub and 30 Tim Raines.

I believe Olympic Stadium is now a convention center, and I don't know if there are any signs, plaques or whatnot dedicated to the Expos, nor do I know what became of Park Jarry.
    NY Sports Day Independent Gotham Sports Coverage
    Mets360 Mets Past, Present and Future
    Talking Mets Baseball. A baseball blog with a Mets bias

Comment

The New Era folks are making Expos-branded caps, though I have not seen the official blue hats being sold at present. I had seen tri-colour hats on sale not too long ago, but I don't see them around now.

Olympic Stadium lies empty most of the time, with the occasional special event. See http://www.rio.gouv.qc.ca/pub/calend....jsp?locale=en for the latest calendar of events. The Montreal Alouettes will generally play a regular season home game at the Big O, as well as any home playoff games. Although the stadium was approved this year for winter events, in order to allow the CONCACAF quarterfinal soccer match to be held this past February, there are strict, weather-related conditions, which would make it difficult to rely upon for conventions between December and March. As far as I know, the Jackie Robinson statue is still present outside of the stadium.

The Quebec government had announced plans to replace the stadium roof with yet another roof, but I have not heard of any further progress. The Montreal Canadiens had reportedly been in negotiations to play an outdoor game in the stadium, in celebration of the Habs centennial year, during the period between the removal of the current roof and the installation of the new roof.

Jarry Park became the site of the Canadian Tennis championships (the Mens and Womens events switch each year between Montreal and Toronto). The facilities were upgraded in 1993; as I understand it, a small part of the original grandstands is part of the seating of the main tennis stadium.

Comment

"Digital Ballparks" has a nice photoset showing Parc Jarry in its current tennis configuration. Link: here.
        X
        What's THAT guy doing?
        - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

Actually, there are more Expos gear on the streets of Montréal now then was the case when there were the Expos. It's now retro-chic, so it's all the rage.
          From now until the end of September, I'll be chronicling in real time on Twitter the 1946 season of the International league's Montréal Royals, when Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier in professional baseball. Check it out: https://twitter.com/Royals_46season

Comment

Mickeysplace.com still has official 59fity Expos hats... Under Cooperstown Collection
            Dice League Baseball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by NYMFAN47 View Post

eBay has an official Starter classic Expos jacket on auction for $250:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tchlink:top:en

A beautiful large size jacket in great shape. I was lucky to get one off eBay back in 2003 before they disappeared.

Dennis
              BrooklynDodger14

Comment

Wouldn't surprise me a bit if Loria claimed all of it!
                CBk Oldtimer #16 now #29

Comment

I know most of you probably arent in the Montréal area, but here, it's almost impossible to find MLB gear that is not Expos gear. I've been looking for some stuff, and can't find any. Plenty of Expos jersey (always the older version, the powder blue being especially popular) and what we see more and more of are novelty caps. You know the same deal they have with Yankee caps that are yellow and whatnot? They're doing that with the tri-colored cap nowadays. I saw one that was white, orange and purple. One of the ugliest things I've seen in a long time...
                  From now until the end of September, I'll be chronicling in real time on Twitter the 1946 season of the International league's Montréal Royals, when Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier in professional baseball. Check it out: https://twitter.com/Royals_46season

Comment

wow guys thanks for the updates on things, hope all is well

Comment

I just got a new era fitted Expos cap from a seller on ebay. He had all sizes but the color wasn't royal blue it was more dark blue/black in color.
                      No matter, it still looks dope :cap:
                      sigpic
                      h!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X