Who's left and where

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's left and where

I've been meaning to do this for a while. Make a list of all the former Expos who are still active in the Majors and wich team there on. We can keep the list updated to help us keep track of who's left until one day, there shall be none. I didn't have time to go trough all the rosters, but I think I've got most of them. When you spot names that have been left out, just post them, I will update the list.

Les Expos

Seattle: Endy Chavez, Roy Corcoran, Miguel Batista

Mets: Brian Schneider, Livan Hernandez, Fernando Tatis

Twins: Brendan Harris, Orlando Cabrera, Jon Rausch, Carl Pavano

Angels: Vladimir Guerrero, Juan Rivera, Maicer Izturis

Braves: Javier Vasquez, Ryan Church

Blue Jays: Scott Downs, Michael Barrett

Natinals: Livan Hernandez

Indians: Jamey Carroll, Matt Herges, Tomo Okha

Phillies: Matt Stairs, Pedro Martinez

Giants: Randy Johnson

White Sox: Bartolo Colon

Padres: Cliff Floyd, Shawn Hill

Rays: Randy Choate

Cubs: Milton Bradley

Royals: Bruce Chen

Dodgers: Guillermo Mota, Claudio Vargas

Astros: Geoff Blum

Marlins: Nick Johnson, Luis Ayala
    Last edited by Augustin_"Gus"; 09-02-2009, 01:05 PM.
    From now until the end of September, I'll be chronicling in real time on Twitter the 1946 season of the International league's Montréal Royals, when Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier in professional baseball. Check it out: https://twitter.com/Royals_46season

Comment

Are you including Expos prospects that never played for them? If so, then Red Sox Jason Bay, Jeff Bailey, Reds Brandon Phillips, and Indians Cliff Lee and Grady Seizmore can go on.
      Trusted traders list-
      Mike D. Rockhound, MadHatter

2007 PawSox Dunkin Donuts set: 24/30.

Still need: Kevin Cash, Jacoby Ellsbury, George Kottaras, Jon Lester, Brandon Moss and Ed Rogers.

Comment

Michael Barrett

When I went to a meet and greet with the Blue Jays a few months ago, I got Barrett to sign a photo of himself with the Expos. He thought it was great, and was bragging to Aaron Hill about how he was "stylin" back in the day...

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzy05401 View Post
          True. Thank you!
          From now until the end of September, I'll be chronicling in real time on Twitter the 1946 season of the International league's Montréal Royals, when Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier in professional baseball. Check it out: https://twitter.com/Royals_46season

Comment

Originally posted by riredsox View Post
            Are you including Expos prospects that never played for them? If so, then Red Sox Jason Bay, Jeff Bailey, Reds Brandon Phillips, and Indians Cliff Lee and Grady Seizmore can go on.
            Including all the prospects would make the list longer than it is, but I'm looking for the players who played with the team.

Comment

Right on cue, just as I posted the list last week, Dan Shulman gave Steve Phillips homework during last monday's ESPN baseball game. He asked him who, in his mind, will end up as the last Expo standing. It's a question I've asked myself and I'm curious to see who Phillips will come up with. I'm guessing he will answer on tomorrow's game.

It's pretty much a guessing game. Most of the guys are in their 30's. Harris, Izturis and Hill, at least, are in their late 20's, so the might have an edge, but their all role players who's career's could be over at any point. I'll say Izturis, why not?

Least likely to be the last Expo standing? Probably Randy Johnson.

Comment

I'm adding another name to the list. Bruce Chen, who pitched in 15 games for the Expos in 2002 is back in the majors, with the KC Royals.

Comment

I have a couple more for you:

Dodgers: Guillermo Mota

Indians: Tomo Ohka

Last edited by Buzzy05401; 06-29-2009, 10:31 AM.

Comment

All true. I even saw Okha pitch not long ago, but just forgot to add him. Now that is kind of weak...

Thanks for the help, Buzzy!

Comment

Originally posted by Augustin_"Gus" View Post
                      I've been meaning to do this for a while. Make a list of all the former Expos who are still active in the Majors and wich team there on. We can keep the list updated to help us keep track of who's left until one day, there shall be none. I didn't have time to go trough all the rosters, but I think I've got most of them. When you spot names that have been left out, just post them, I will update the list.

Les Expos

Arizona: Jon Rausch

Seattle: Endy Chavez, Roy Corcoran, Miguel Batista

Mets: Ryan Church, Brian Schneider, Livan Hernandez, Fernando Tatis

Twins: Brendan Harris, Luis Ayala

Angels: Vladimir Guerrero, Juan Rivera, Maicer Izturis

A’s: Orlando Cabrera

Braves: Javier Vasquez

Blue Jays: Scott Downs, Michael Barrett

Natinals: Nick Johnson

Indians: Carl Pavano, Jamey Carroll, Matt Herges, Tomo Okha

Phillies: Matt Stairs

Giants: Randy Johnson

White Sox: Bartolo Colon

Padres: Cliff Floyd, Shawn Hill

Rays: Randy Choate

Royals: Bruce Chen

Dodgers: Guillermo Mota

Counting up your list that's 32 former Expos that are still active in MLB. At four and a half seasons since the Expos played their last game, I'd call that total surprisingly high!

Comment

He's currently stuck on the long term DL, but Chad Cordero could end up as the last Expo standing. He's in Seattle's system right now. If he can get healthy, he's talented enough to pitch for a long time and he was only 22 in 2004.
                        Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Phillies: Pedro Martinez
                          Dodgers:Claudio Vargas
                          Mets Minor leagues:Tony Armas jr

Comment

Just added Mr. Vargas. I'll add Pedro when he actually starts pitching. Don't know how long he's gonna last, so I'll try to make it quick.

The number is now 33. And I know Luis Ayala isn't in Minnesota anymore, but he's still pitching, saw him the other day. Just can't remember where...

Comment

He's with the Marlins.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X