No announcement yet.

Who's left and where

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Endy Chavez played with the Expos?! How many games did he play in? Did he debut with them?

Comment

Michael Barrett was released by the Blue Jays. I don't know if he ended up anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyhop View Post
        Endy Chavez played with the Expos?! How many games did he play in? Did he debut with them?
        He was our Center-Fielder in the final years and hit lead-off too. If I remember correctly, the Mets drafted him but the Expos acquired his rights. Every time the Expos visited Shea, he would hit like a mad man against his former team.
        Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Ontarioguy View Post
          He was our Center-Fielder in the final years and hit lead-off too. If I remember correctly, the Mets drafted him but the Expos acquired his rights. Every time the Expos visited Shea, he would hit like a mad man against his former team.
          Interesting. I really like the kid. It's too bad Yuni ended his season, and possibly his career. Either way, he's definitely gonna lose some of his speed with his injuries.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Nick Johnson was the last Montreal Expo player on the Washington Nationals roster. There are no Expo players on the Nationals roster.
            Marquis Grissom is the only Expo player on the Nationals coaching staff.

Comment

Not so fast!

Sent to me by SABR Montreal chapter. This was published originally Tuesday in the Washington Post website.

Last Man Standing...

Nick Johnson's trade to Florida last Friday left the Nationals without any remaining Montreal Expos players on their roster. But there are two guys left who were part of the Expos' farm system: pitchers Jason Bergmann and Collin Balester.

Bergmann, in fact, is now the longest-tenured player in the entire organization, having been selected by Montreal in the 11th round of the 2002 draft.

"Actually, it's a pretty neat feeling," the right-hander said. "I guess I came up through the organization at a time when our system wasn't thought much of. And certainly it's been a major transition. ... Through all the change, I've been here."

-----

The article did not mention that Balester was drafted by the Expos in the 4th round (13th pick, 114th overall pick) of the 2004 draft. Right now, he's with the Nats and he's not doing that bad.
              Last edited by Chicoutimi CP; 08-07-2009, 08:54 PM.
              « But what's puzzlin' you is the nature of my game... »

Comment

Updating the list, the Twins are now the team with the most Expos on board (4). And the Natinals are re-stocking on Expos with their signing of Livan Hernandez.
                From now until the end of September, I'll be chronicling in real time on Twitter the 1946 season of the International league's Montréal Royals, when Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier in professional baseball. Check it out: https://twitter.com/Royals_46season

Comment

Another former Expo draft pick just made to the big leagues with the Nats... and big time: Ian Desmond. Selected in the 3rd round of the 2004 draft by Montreal, he was the 13th pick of that round and the 84th of that draft.
                  « But what's puzzlin' you is the nature of my game... »

Comment

Orlando Cabrera has been a great pickup for the Minnesota Twins. Let's hope he keeps it up and can help Minni upset the Yankees.
                    From now until the end of September, I'll be chronicling in real time on Twitter the 1946 season of the International league's Montréal Royals, when Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier in professional baseball. Check it out: https://twitter.com/Royals_46season

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X