L'Époque Glorieuse des Expos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L'Époque Glorieuse des Expos

This is a new French-language book on the team's best years in the late '70s and early '80s, by Alain Usereau. He's researched it very thoroughly. He's hoping to publish a version in English as well.

He notes that another book about the Expos will be launched in 10 days (not by him, though).

The other book's title is "Il était une fois les Expos, tome 1: les années 1969-1984" (Once upon a time, there was the Expos, Volume 1, 1969-1984). The book was written by former Expos broadcaster Jacques Doucet and author Marc Robitaille. The media launch is monday (November 9th) but I've been told it hit bookshelves last week.

I got to read an early version of the chapters about the Jarry Park years, and I have to say it was a great read. There were some issues with the writting style at that point (wich has hopefully been fixed since) but I learned a lot about a franchise I know quite a bit about (altough I wasn't around for the Jarry Park years, having been born a few weeks after the conclusion of the Expos' first season at the Big O). I believe that anyone who cares about the Expos will enjoy the book.

Full discolsure, I'm not completely objective here. I did some reaserch for the book (if you see Marcel Dugas in the aknowledgements, that's me). But I don't get a share of the profits. So there's no point for me to encourage people to get the book if it werent any good. I tought it was informative and I believe Expos fans will enjoy it.

I will also be at the media launch on tomorrow. I hope I can meet Claude Raymond. Few people have been as good ambassadors for this sport in Québec has Mr. Raymond as been, and I would like to shake his hand.
    From now until the end of September, I'll be chronicling in real time on Twitter the 1946 season of the International league's Montréal Royals, when Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier in professional baseball. Check it out: https://twitter.com/Royals_46season

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X