81 or 94 Expos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 81 or 94 Expos

81 was a strike short year and then 94 the strike hapen again. What funny about this? Both seasons were the best years for the Expos. If they faced each other who do you think would win?
    5.88%
    94.12%
    sigpic

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Even though I have a weak spot for the 1981 team, I honestly think the 1994 team was better because of its offense. The two teams were about the same at pitching and fileding.
    « But what's puzzlin' you is the nature of my game... »

Comment

81 was both special and weird at the same time...poor first half,Dick Williams gets fired, strike then a push, roll past Phillies then Blue Monday..it was a very Bi-polar kind of year. 1994 team was,I think ,better because of the offence..the sad thing is(as we all know) we wont evr find out.

Comment

The '94 squad was pretty solid all around. I think they would have beaten the '81 squad, imo.
        My collection of autographs: TTM Autos

Comment

The '81 playoff appearance was a fluke (albeit within the rules in place for the strike shortened season). That's not to say that if a full season was played that the 81 expos would not have won the division, just that they didn't have the best overall record in their division for the "full" 1981 season. That being said, the 1994 team ha the best record in baseball at the time of the strike. Therefore, in my opinion, they were the better team.

Comment

The '94 team would win simply because they are a lot younger than the players on the '81 team...
            Rockies fan living in Texas

Comment

Is it for one game or a series?

Comment

Originally posted by The Commissioner View Post
                Is it for one game or a series?
                A series... I picked the 94 Expos.
                Last edited by King Crimson; 04-22-2010, 01:23 PM.
                sigpic

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X