Montreal New Ballpark???????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montreal New Ballpark???????????

Early this year the Montreal Gazette published an article of one of many future projects in Montreal

One of these projects was a Ballpark stadium dowtwon Montreal near the river.

I’ve attached the link of the article, has you read it you’ll notice that the city just wanted to show how big the cite was.

What do you think, do you believe that Montreal is planing on building a Stadium?

My opinion is Montreal cannot ignore the fact that they need a stadium in this city.

You know what they say, there is no smooke without fire.

http://communities.canada.com/montre...-montreal.aspx

Thanks

Marco

Originally posted by superman1914 View Post
    What do you think, do you believe that Montreal is planing on building a Stadium?

My opinion is Montreal cannot ignore the fact that they need a stadium in this city.
    No, it would be premature to build a ballpark without a tenant. As to needing a stadium... they have one, and it looks like the Quebec government will be renovating it with provincial tax dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by tinseltown View Post
      No, it would be premature to build a ballpark without a tenant. As to needing a stadium... they have one, and it looks like the Quebec government will be renovating it with provincial tax dollars.
      Would that stadium that is to be renovated be Olympic Stadium (Stade Olympique), or is it another baseball field at Jarry Park (Parc Jarry)? The Expos' original home stadium is now renovated for tennis and called Stade Uniprix (Uniprix Stadium).
      MISSISSIPPI BRAVES 10TH SEASON IN THE SOUTHERN LEAGUE 2005-2014

Comment

Originally posted by superman1914 View Post
        Early this year the Montreal Gazette published an article of one of many future projects in Montreal

One of these projects was a Ballpark stadium dowtwon Montreal near the river.

I’ve attached the link of the article, has you read it you’ll notice that the city just wanted to show how big the cite was.

You know what they say, there is no smooke without fire.

http://communities.canada.com/montre...-montreal.aspx

Thanks

Marco
        I saw the website and the post, however, there are seats in center-field (centre-field) and only one bullpen area (apparently stacked bullpens like Camden Yards, Citizens Bank Park, or Angel Stadium). However, whether it be Major League, AAA, or Independent, Montreal does need a new baseball stadium.

I suggest building the stadium with a 10,000-15,000 capacity for Indy or Minor League baseball, with the capacity to expand to 40,000-50,000 for Major League Baseball.
        MISSISSIPPI BRAVES 10TH SEASON IN THE SOUTHERN LEAGUE 2005-2014

Comment

Olympic Stadium needs a new roof; the Quebec government has issued a new call for bids.

Comment

Why spend money for a new roof for Olympic stadium? What do they do with it other than the occiasional CFL playoff game?

Comment

Originally posted by aqib View Post
              Why spend money for a new roof for Olympic stadium? What do they do with it other than the occiasional CFL playoff game?
              The largest events held recently in Olympic Stadium include the Grey Cup, the FIFA U-20 World Cup, and various international soccer matches. Large rock concerts are held there, as well as motorcross and monster truck events. It's a venue for conventions and film shoots. With a new roof, the stadium would be able to open in the winter and host more events; for example, it's possible the car show would return to the stadium. (Sure, if the stadium could be easily replaced with something else at no cost, that might be preferred, but for better or worse, this is the what Montreal has now, and a new roof is probably the best way to leverage the already sunk cost to squeeze some more revenue out of the place.)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X