Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 1994 Montreal Expos: Victims of Conspiracy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was still plenty of season left when they went on strike in 1994. No guarantees the Expos would have won anything.
    I'm not much for conspiracy theories. This one has a modest premise and that's it, the damage done (lost tv revenue, gate revenue, fan falllout) far exceeded anything that would have resulted in an all-Canada World Series.

I say nay nay.
    Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
    Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
    Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
    Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
    Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
      I will say that if MLB and its TV network partners had conspired to instigate a strike, I guarantee you, it would've raised a very embarrasing and huge stink with both sportswriters and fans on both sides of the U.S.-Canada border..
      This is a patently absurd position. Once again you are hypothesizing something without a shred of evidence. Remember it was the players who walked out, not MLB. Heck, if you want to be silly what IF the NFL and their TV partners paid the Union to walk out so that their games in October wouldn't have to bump heads with baseball playoffs?? They'd get higher ratings and could charge higher rates. That's absurd, too, but is a heck of a lot more logical than what you are opining.

And rhetoric of the " I'm not saying they did, but if they did ...." school is best reserved for the TV talking heads.
      Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Originally posted by KCGHOST View Post
        This is a patently absurd position. Once again you are hypothesizing something without a shred of evidence. Remember it was the players who walked out, not MLB. Heck, if you want to be silly what IF the NFL and their TV partners paid the Union to walk out so that their games in October wouldn't have to bump heads with baseball playoffs?? They'd get higher ratings and could charge higher rates. That's absurd, too, but is a heck of a lot more logical than what you are opining.

And rhetoric of the " I'm not saying they did, but if they did ...." school is best reserved for the TV talking heads.
        I have a rebuttal. I know for a fact that the players didn't want to do what the owners said with regard to the salary cap. That was the main factor in the 94-95 strike. And that's all.

As for your remarks, I don't take kindly to being called a conspiracy theorist. I am not a conspiracy theorist. Never have, and never will be called by that label. So don't call me a conspiracy theorist, please. All I'm doing is engaging in civil discussion as to how fate would have been kinder to the Expos.

If you label me a conspiracist, take it somewhere else.

Comment

1994 was our Year, everything i believe could of been different today, if there was no strike...

Than the Bud Selig era started, and all when down the drain...........

But for all you baseball fans and specially for all of us, Expos Fans, you must see this video made by MLB productions..... it's Titled "1994 Montreal Expos featured in MLB Productions' Triumph and Tragedy on MLB"

Just thinking about makes my heart break, just watching the video makes me want to barf......" At Bud Selig"

Have fun...

Comment

Originally posted by superman1914 View Post
            1994 was our Year, everything i believe could of been different today, if there was no strike...

Than the Bud Selig era started, and all when down the drain...........

But for all you baseball fans and specially for all of us, Expos Fans, you must see this video made by MLB productions..... it's Titled "1994 Montreal Expos featured in MLB Productions' Triumph and Tragedy on MLB"

Just thinking about makes my heart break, just watching the video makes me want to barf......" At Bud Selig"

Have fun...
            Speaking of Mr. Selig, with all of the hatred of him spewed by those on this board, including Expos fans, would it have been better for all of baseball if he, for instance, hadn't moved the Seattle Pilots to Milwaukee at the start of the 1970 season? Would it have been better for baseball if someone other than Selig had taken ownership of a Milwaukee team?

Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by superman1914 View Post

I just saw that. It was indeed very sad.

Plus, Charles Bronfman looks and sounds EXACTLY like Colonel Saul Tigh from Battlestar Galactica. I just thought I'd point that out as well.
              It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X