Claude Raymond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claude Raymond

I know that Mr. Raymond was an original Expo and a Canadian who was associated with the team in one role or another for the life of the franchise.

Does anyone have anymore information about him?

If my information is right, he was an analyst on CKAC Radio from 1973-1984, and also on TV, with Societe Radio-Canada (SRC) from 1984-1999. He got back to radio (part time only, I think) for the many stations that broadcasted Expos games from 2001-2004. He was also hired as a coach by the team from 2002-2004. He helped pitchers during pre-game work outs and, during games, was the eye in the sky from the press box for pitching and defensive strategies.
    « But what's puzzlin' you is the nature of my game... »

Comment

Monsieur Raymond was not an original Expo - he was sold by the Braves to the Expos on August 19, 1969. The Braves did allow him to do promotional work for the Expos prior to spring training 1969 though.
      Last edited by exposhistory; 01-23-2011, 10:41 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by exposhistory View Post
        Monsieur Raymond was not an original Expo - he was sold by the Braves to the Expos on August 19, 1969. The Braves did allow him to do promotional work for the Expos prior to spring training 1969 though.
        Thank you for your posting. I was acquainted with an Expo fan who told me that Mr. Raymond was the face and voice of the Expos for virtually the entire life of the franchise.

If any other BBF folks have addtional information about Monsieur Raymond it would be most appreciated.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X