Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any word on the Exhibition Games at Olympic Stadium for 2015?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicoutimi CP
    replied
    I went to both games. Friday, not much happened in the Reds 2-0 win, but I was quite impressed by how efficiently Mark Buehrle still works, even at 36. The guy works quickly and he’s still surgeon precise. He forced the Reds to hit 8 ground outs and only 1 fly out. He threw 13 balls and 28 strikes over 4 innings, averaging only a little more than 10 pitches per inning. For the Reds, Jason Marquis appeared very sharp too and didn’t look like a guy who spent last year in AAA ball.

Saturday was a completely different experience because I tried to keep the score with a very nice scorecard that I found here.

It was a complete nightmare with all the substitutions taking place. LOL. The Stade announcer himself had trouble keeping up with the all the lineups changes. Quite a few times, he called a player who had already been replaced by a backup… Which gave me a real headache later when I proofed my scorecard with the official boxscore from the MLB web site! LOL.

In the seventh inning, the announcer even called a pinch runner for the Blue Jays, Jonathan Diaz, who is not in the boxscore. When the game ended, he mentioned a save to Taylor Cole. And guess what: the official boxscore has no save for the Jays closer.

Still, I had lots of fun because it was a real challenge and I hadn’t done that in more than 30 years. And I also must confess that I made a couple of mistakes of my own during one of the two big innings by the Jays!

I guess it's a bit difficult to pick the best players in a 9-1 blow out during which they're on the field for about half of the game, but I liked Josh Donaldson (2 for 3, 1 home run, 2 RBIs), Devon Travis (2 for 2, 2 runs, 1 HBP), and most of the Jays relievers (Miguel Castro, Roberto Osuna, Colt Hynes, and Marco Estrada). For the Reds, cudos to Bryson Smith who had 2 of the team's 3 hits in 2 at bats and their only RBI.

Finally, it was great fun to root for Russell Martin (and also his dad at times) even if, over the week end, he was 0 for 6 plus 1 run, 1 walk, 3 strike outs, and 1 ground in a double play.

And guys, the MLB and the Jays now owe us a 3 game series from the regular season next year. Don’t you agree?
    Last edited by Chicoutimi CP; 04-06-2015, 10:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Kusaywa
    replied
    We were at the Friday Night game also.
    Wish we could have stayed for Saturday.
    MLB can't ignore this mush longer...
    IMG_0830.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Phantom Dreamer
    replied
    Saturday's day game drew 50,231 and the series drew a total of 96,545!

Leave a comment:

• Phantom Dreamer
    replied
    Friday night's game drew 46,314.

Leave a comment:

• Phantom Dreamer
    replied
    Reds vs Blue Jays drew another big crowd.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Expos16
    replied
    http://montrealgazette.com/sports/st...-game-at-big-o

Leave a comment:

• Ken Gallinger
    replied
    Saw this past weekend that more than 65,000 tickets have been sold for the two games so far. On par with last season's games. I attended the Friday night game (just under 50K people in attendance) and watched from home on Saturday (50k Plus). Got tickets for both games against Reds this year about 10 rows behind home plate on the first base side. Looking forward to it. Another step toward the return of MLB to MTL.

Leave a comment:

• Kusaywa
    replied
    When the Expos come back, you'll be glad you did! I'll be there too, but only the game on the 3rd. Ordering tickets this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Buzzy05401
    replied
    Just got my tickets! April 3rd and April 4th, Reds vs. Blue Jays. I paid waaaaaay too much money for an exhibition game but, what the hell.

http://www.admission.com/artist/blue...o-billets/2482

Leave a comment:

• Kusaywa
    replied
    When I went to the game on March 28, 2014, people were wearing not only Expos & Blue Jays gear, they were wearing stuff from other teams, Mets, Yankees, Red Sox, etc.
    I think Montreal is a baseball town. I think many things contributed to their demise. The biggest was not holding on to quality players. But along with that, they had to pay out in American $$$, when the Canadian $$$ was $1.30, even $1.60 at one time. And they weren't making money, not from attendance, but TV, Radio, Profit Sharing.
    I know a Downtown Stadium might be better for attendance also, but I never minded the "Big O". I was there when the roof used to come off and after. The Metro (Subway) took you right to the stadium, then back on after the game to go downtown if you wanted to go out.
    I think everyone learned by their mistakes, fans and any "new" potential owners.
    I think they'll get another good crowd this year, but it won't last forever! At some point, they have to get a team. How long before the people think they're just being used?
    They're making a lot of money at these Exhibition Games! Personally, some should go towards a new team or stadium.
    Anyway, I'll be there in 2015... Let's Go Expos!

Leave a comment:

• Ontarioguy
    replied
    I wonder if attendance will be as strong next year or if the return of MLB to Montreal will have lost its novelty.

How well tickets for a second round of exhibition games sell will tell us a lot about the feasibility of an MLB team returning to Montreal.

Leave a comment:

• Kusaywa
    replied
    Spoke to some people last week who told me some details still need to be
    finalised, announcement should come this october or some time this fall.

Jeremy
    Sent: Friday, September 19, 2014 2:41 PM
    To: Jérémy Filosa
    Subject: TR: 985fm.ca

Any updates on the Blue Jays / Reds Exhibition Game for 2015? Last years game
    was announced on September 20th. Thanks and Let's Go Expos!

Leave a comment:

• Any word on the Exhibition Games at Olympic Stadium for 2015?

The Blue Jays always said they were going to hold more Exhibition Games at Montreal's Olympic Stadium in 2015.
    Rumors surfaced last month (August) that they were, and the Reds would be an opponent.
    But nothing since...
    Anyone hear anything?

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X