Ever see the PG clubhouses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever see the PG clubhouses?

Did any of you ever see the inside of the clubhouses at the Polo Grounds?

I read that when Willie Mays returned to the PG with the Giants in 1962 for the first time, he bounded up the stairs to the clubhouses and turned into the home team one before being reminded that the Giants now were the VISITING team.

From what I have read, the clubhouses were small and spartan.

Anyone know from personal observation?

Polo Grounds

Originally posted by EbtsFldGuy
    Did any of you ever see the inside of the clubhouses at the Polo Grounds?

I read that when Willie Mays returned to the PG with the Giants in 1962 for the first time, he bounded up the stairs to the clubhouses and turned into the home team one before being reminded that the Giants now were the VISITING team.

From what I have read, the clubhouses were small and spartan.

Anyone know from personal observation?
    The 1962 willie mays story is true. i have read about that before.the part of the polo grounds after all of these years that i still need to checkout are the clubhouses. there are not to many really nice photos that show the clubhouse.i have only seen photos that show a very small part of the clubhouse.maybe one day some nice photos will surface. it cant image that someone did not do a photo layout of the polo grounds before its demolishion in 1964.i have asked some former giants and mets players about the clubhouses but for some its been to many years to really remmber all of the details of the clubhouses.
    LONG LIVE THE POLO GROUNDS 1891-1964
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/POLOGROUNDS1962

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X