• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• theAmazingMet
    replied
    Originally posted by jpw67 View Post
    Hello,

I recently purchased an older Roman Pro 1954 NY Giants cap on ebay. Nice cap, but the cap is old enough (made late 80's / early 90's) that the white vinyl rim around the leather band has cracked in one location. Anyone seen this situation before? Can I /Should I try to fix it? Otherwise great cap...
    I've had that happen to that version of Roman cap. While I like the idea of the leather sweatband, the Roman version is too tight, and stiff compared to the Cooperstown ballcap version. My Giants cap cracked in several places, it seems sweat, and water when dried up tend to crack that white band often. Just gotta deal with it, and expect more cracks as time goes by. Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Barrie
    replied
    This is the only cap shown that is a real one.

I am astonished that the memorabilia manufacturers can't reproduce it. The other caps shown are inferior imitations.

Leave a comment:

• jpw67
    replied
    Hello,

I recently purchased an older Roman Pro 1954 NY Giants cap on ebay. Nice cap, but the cap is old enough (made late 80's / early 90's) that the white vinyl rim around the leather band has cracked in one location. Anyone seen this situation before? Can I /Should I try to fix it? Otherwise great cap...

Leave a comment:

• six4three
    replied
    Originally posted by OrangeandBlack14 View Post
    I was curious about the hats at Ebbets Field Flannels, and was wondering if anyone has any?

1) Do you like them?

And..

2) How do the sizes run compared to Cooperstown?
    They're outstanding. Best caps on the market, hands down. Can't recommend them highly enough, for design and construction.

Sizes tend to run true to form - I'm a 7 5/8 generally, and all my 7 5/8 Ebbets Field caps fit me perfectly.

Leave a comment:

• sean138
    replied
    Originally posted by Bitter Fan View Post
    I looked at that one a few days ago. Very neat but if I can't wear em I pass on them. Great find for the collector though.
    Sean

Leave a comment:

• Bitter Fan
    replied
    Got a kid?

Leave a comment:

• OrangeandBlack14
    replied
    I was curious about the hats at Ebbets Field Flannels, and was wondering if anyone has any?

1) Do you like them?

And..

2) How do the sizes run compared to Cooperstown?

Leave a comment:

• jimm
    replied
    Glad I got one when I did

Leave a comment:

• Bitter Fan
    replied
    Apparently they were licensed by MLB after all - the note I got in my cap said they lost their license. It's a shame because of that they are closing.

Though it does make me curious if MLB licensed another company to make bespoke caps. Hopefully it wasn't just American Needle (ugh, terrible) paying MLB off or something.

Leave a comment:

• theAmazingMet
    replied
    Don't look at their homepage now, guys
    This is a sad day for any and all throwback cap buffs. A sad day indeed.

Leave a comment:

• Bitter Fan
    replied
    Just got mine today. A beaut. It's not perfect - it's got the flaws that comes from not being made on an assembly line (and possibly from a rushed schedule) - but it's got character.

Going out to Lefty's in a couple hours to have a beer with some friends and I am definitely wearing this cap. Ralph, we gotta grab a beer - in our NY Giant caps, naturally - before I head back across the pond.

Leave a comment:

• westsidegrounds
    replied
    It's sad. They made a great product. I have half a dozen of their caps and would have ordered more.

But creating a small business and keeping it going for almost a quarter century is quite an achievement, and I guess a time comes when you want to retire.

It would be great if somebody could be found to carry on. Wonder if there'd be any possibility of becoming MLB's official "premium" repro cap maker?

Leave a comment:

• Bitter Fan
    replied
    My cap is due to be mailed out on Monday.

It is a shame they are closing. There were at least two non-MLB caps they could have made that I wanted, but I didn't think they were going to close out so soon.

Leave a comment:

• OrangeandBlack14
    replied
    Originally posted by Bitter Fan View Post
    I am one of those orders to be fulfilled. Thank gawd, I might get the very last NY Giants cap made by CBCC.
    You and me brother, I got one through the night before, too..I was amazed, I knew they were shutting down the ordering soon but I didn't know it'd be the day after. Wow.

Leave a comment:

• Bitter Fan
    replied
    Don't look at their homepage now, guys
    I am one of those orders to be fulfilled. Thank gawd, I might get the very last NY Giants cap made by CBCC.

Commercial, financial and legal difficulties; and the complexity of sewing one-of-a-kind caps in the U.S, make this decision inevitable.
    Sounds like their head of production retiring recently has also affected things. It's hard getting employees to Cooperstown.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X