Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• schuverde
    replied
    I managed to pick up the American Needle 1911 cap for $4.95 at Urban Outfitters in downtown San Francisco. Wrong size but I'm actively working to shrink it! I had paid $30 for a 1922 Yankees months ago so this was a great find.

Leave a comment:

• six4three
    replied
    Anybody ever bought one of Cooperstown's 1933 caps? I'm curious as to how good the logo looks in person.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• six4three
    replied
    That black and white 1911 cap is beautiful. American Needle makes a nice version as well:
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• PlayJay
    replied
    I think there ought to be a separate board for guys who collect stuff like this. I have replica caps for all the original 16 clubs, as well as a couple of others, and a couple of jerseys too. Food for thought.

Leave a comment:

• jackwood
    replied
    Broken in caps and hats you can't put on a bed, but before it's fine. I didn't think about that at all when I made those pictures...

Originally posted by Ralph Zig Tyko
    It' now okay to put a hat/cap on bed. Don't put bed on hat/cap, though, after breaking it in. :-)

Leave a comment:

• jackwood
    replied
    Good point- I didn't realize that. I know that it was on the Topps set, but I wasn't sure if they actually used that logo during the season.

Originally posted by PlayJay View Post
    Jackwood:

The Giants only wore that logo you described on the 1958 Topps set, as Topps assumed the Giants were going to co-opt the San Francisco Seals logo. In fact, the current logo is an almost exact copy of the famous San Francisco Giants logo we all know, when they first took the field at Seals Stadium in April of 1958.

That's the Seals logo you were describing.

Leave a comment:

• jimm
    replied
    25 percent off sale in August!! If you are gonna buy one (like me) nows the time

Jackwood:

The Giants only wore that logo you described on the 1958 Topps set, as Topps assumed the Giants were going to co-opt the San Francisco Seals logo. In fact, the current logo is an almost exact copy of the famous San Francisco Giants logo we all know, when they first took the field at Seals Stadium in April of 1958.

Ah, interesting, didn't realize that.
    Last edited by jimm; 08-05-2009, 06:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jimm
    replied
    Those are the 2 caps I was thinking of getting, thanks a ton!

Leave a comment:

• Mays24us
    replied
    Great looking caps. I have a New Era version of the Giants cap but after seeing yours, I think I have to get one of them. I have always wondered why the Mets, if they must wear black caps, didn't at least use the orange NY as opposed to that almost unreadable one they do use. I'm sure there would be no problem with the Giants had they so opted. I guess that would be enough to give Wilpon the willies (no pun intended).

Leave a comment:

• Mays24us
    replied
    Jackwood:

Exactly right....I remember as a kid collecting the early edition of the '58 Topps cards and being so confused once the Giants season actually started and I saw pics in the papers. Not really knowing much about the Seals at age 8, I deduced that the cards were the artists rendition of what they thought the Giants cap would look like. As for how the 1958 one stacks up against todays, the lettering is a bit different and from looking at my old cards and mags, seems the '58 SF was a bit thinner and smaller. The GIANTS on the uni's was also a bit smaller and seems to fit the uni top a bit better than todays which seems a bit too large and gaudy. Still, at least to me, the best looking cap and uniform in the bigs even with the changes. I'm so glad they went back to some semblance of their classics.

Leave a comment:

• PlayJay
    replied
    Jackwood:

Leave a comment:

• PlayJay
    replied
    They are top notch. Eight or nine years ago, I got the '44 Browns, and the '41 Phils from Cooperstown Cap. Love 'em both.

Wear 'em in good health.

Leave a comment:

• Nails4
    replied
    Nice looking caps. Did you get them in cooperstown? Never put a hat/hats on a bed.....

Leave a comment:

• skaukatt
    replied
    Wow! They did a really nice job on that cap. You are correct when you say that the other makes are Mets caps in black and orange but the Cooperstown Cap really shines and shouts authentic!

Thanks for the photos.

Lou, NY

Leave a comment:

• penncentralpete
    replied
    That cap is beautiful (and that's coming from Mr. Brooklyn Dodger!). The other caps are fine, but the Cooperstown one (first picture on top and last cap in the final photo) are just perfect. Wear it in good health my friend.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X