NY Giants fanbase.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NY Giants fanbase.

I was wondering what was the Giants fan base like? I've read that the Yankee fanbase was the corporate/country club type people from Westchester County, and that the Brooklyn Dodger fanbase was Average Joe, Blue Collar, and Working class. I don't know anything about the Giants fanbse. Could someone shed some light on this?

Sincerely,

300 bowler.

We were [are] fair, tolerent, appreciative, fanatical, generous, modest, loving, caring people... for the most part.
    ---
    Pushing on the doors of life marked "pull."
    Visit my blogsigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 300bowler View Post
      I was wondering what was the Giants fan base like? I've read that the Yankee fanbase was the corporate/country club type people from Westchester County, and that the Brooklyn Dodger fanbase was Average Joe, Blue Collar, and Working class. I don't know anything about the Giants fanbse. Could someone shed some light on this?

Sincerely,

300 bowler.
      I think the Yankees drew corporate types in their best seats, but their regular fans struck me as no different from those of the Giants or the Dodgers.

The Yankees reportedly were as unwelcome to blacks in the stands as they were to blacks on their rosters. After Durocher arrived more "show biz" people were seen at the Polo Grounds, partly because Laraine Day was his wife.

The nicest field boxes at Ebbets Field were occupied by business types also, but some were a bit different. The fellow who blew up helium-filled balloons to celebrate "Cookie" Lavagetto was, I believe, a restaurant owner. I saw Governor Harriman there at times, and once I saw President Hoover, though admittedly at a World Series game.

I can't even make much of an ethnic distinction among the fans, although doubtless more Italian-Americans liked the Yankees, and more blacks liked the Dodgers.

But Hilda Chester could exist only at Ebbets Field.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X