No announcement yet.

New York Giants Preservation Society Meeting with Jaime Rupert-March 25, 2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New York Giants Preservation Society Meeting with Jaime Rupert-March 25, 2015

NYGPS MEETING-MARCH 25
    Our second meeting of the year will take place on Wednesday, March 25, at 6:30, with the wonderful Jaime Rupert. Jaime will be telling stories of her life as part of the 1st family of NY Giants/SF Giants Baseball, being the granddaughter of Horace Stoneham. Besides her wonderful yarns, Jaime will be presenting her case for he grandfather's election to the Baseball Hall of Fame. Mr. Stoneham will be up for election in 2017 and Jaime hopes to be in Cooperstown in July 2018 for his induction. Jaime will also be sporting her beautiful 1954 NY Giants World Series Ring which she displayed at the recent Giants Trophy Tour on January 24 where she made a most-welcomed appearance.
    The event will take place at the Bergino Baseball Clubhouse.
    www.newyorkgiantspreservationsociety.com

Originally posted by GIANTSGURU View Post
    NYGPS MEETING-MARCH 25
    Our second meeting of the year will take place on Wednesday, March 25, at 6:30, with the wonderful Jaime Rupert. Jaime will be telling stories of her life as part of the 1st family of NY Giants/SF Giants Baseball, being the granddaughter of Horace Stoneham. Besides her wonderful yarns, Jaime will be presenting her case for he grandfather's election to the Baseball Hall of Fame. Mr. Stoneham will be up for election in 2017 and Jaime hopes to be in Cooperstown in July 2018 for his induction. Jaime will also be sporting her beautiful 1954 NY Giants World Series Ring which she displayed at the recent Giants Trophy Tour on January 24 where she made a most-welcomed appearance.
    The event will take place at the Bergino Baseball Clubhouse.
    Unfortunately I want able to attend the 1/24 event . I did get a chance to go to the one 2 years ago.....absolutely great day !

I would love to ask Jaime Rupert if her grandfather really tried to get back to metro NYC/NJ back when the Meadowlands was being built. I would also like to know if Mr Stoneham returned to Shea in 1973 on Willie Mays night.

Comment

Horace did return to Shea on Willie Mays Night in 1973- he presented Willie with the keys to a Mercedes Benz worth $17,000. (That won't even get you a Smart car now-LOL) That's still pricey for those days- I remember full-sized Fords and Chevys selling for around $4,500 then.

I also believe Horace went to Sonny Werblin at about the same time and wanted to come back. Sonny supposedly told him, "Fine, if you put a stadium up with your own money." The Giants had no money at the time; plus I'm sure the newly Steinbrenner purchased Yankees would have fought him tooth and nail, money or no money.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X