Post about KC A's from Browns blog

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post about KC A's from Browns blog

This may be of passing interest to KC A's aficionados (if not, I apologize for waste of time) http://thestlbrowns.blogspot.com/201...d-for-two.html
    At the recent (9/26) St. Louis Browns Historical Society luncheon, Whitey Herzog , in his keynote speech, gave a memorial tribute to his fo...

Thank you for posting this. At the end of the blog entry, the writer posted this trivia question:

Trivia: the three other states which have had two American League teams are: California, Washington and Wisconsin. Can you name the teams?

I know the answers, but I want to see if anyone else can answer it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Jeltz View Post
      Thank you for posting this. At the end of the blog entry, the writer posted this trivia question:

Trivia: the three other states which have had two American League teams are: California, Washington and Wisconsin. Can you name the teams?

I know the answers, but I want to see if anyone else can answer it.

CA : The LA / Calif / Anaheim / LA of Anaheim Angels and Oakland Athletics. WA (State) Seattle Pilots and Mariners. WA (DC) original "Nationals" (commonly called the Senators, now the Twins) and expansion Senators (now the Rangers) and WI The Milwaukee Brewers who used to be the Seattle Pilots and the Milwaukee Brewers who became the St Louis Browns.

Also.... MD the original AL Orioles who folded (used to be considered part of NY Yankees lineage ) and the present day Orioles who used to be the St Louis Browns.

If one were to count Ban Johnson's AL of 1900 as a technicality (as it was still under minor league status, Class "A" of that day), (this was the only situation I needed to look up. I did the others above from memory) KC had a team as did Minneapolis which would give MO 3 "AL" teams and MN would have 2. Buffalo had a team also which would give NY State 2 "AL" teams.
      Last edited by Calif_Eagle; 12-27-2017, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X