Seattle Pilots... Where are they now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rennie Stennett
    Ted Williams said about Rey Quinones, don't mess with his swing, he'll hit .285 the rest of his career. I remember Rey left and went home and never returned. Does anyone remember why ?

I remember him leaving, but the M's had Omar in the wings.

I think I'll start an 80's thread in the M's forum...
    WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Comment

Originally posted by Rennie Stennett
      I remember Rey left and went home and never returned. Does anyone remember why ?
      Rey was traded to the Pittsburgh Pirates on April 21, 1989 in a multi-player swap. Three months and one day later (July 22, 1989) he was released by the Pirates. Where he went from there I have no idea.

Career record here:

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/players/player.php?p=quinre01
      Last edited by Aa3rt; 07-13-2006, 03:44 PM.
      "For the Washington Senators, the worst time of the year is the baseball season." Roger Kahn

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." Rogers Hornsby.

Comment

Quinonez was traded for Mike Dunn who was a wash for the Mariners. He (Quinonez) had all the talent in the world but no desire to use it. Ted Williams did say that he had a hall of fame swing.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X