Pilots Autographs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pilots Autographs

I started a Pilots autograph collection a couple years ago. Here's who I've gotten so far.

http://www.angelfire.com/ultra2/paci...9%20pilots.htm
    Last edited by jakre; 12-05-2006, 09:55 AM.
    Check out my Twins autograph collection at www.twinscards.com. My autographs to trade at http://baseballcarddatabase.com/view...?Collection=57

Awesome job. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Did you get all these TTM?
      Trusted traders list-
      Mike D. Rockhound, MadHatter

2007 PawSox Dunkin Donuts set: 24/30.

Still need: Kevin Cash, Jacoby Ellsbury, George Kottaras, Jon Lester, Brandon Moss and Ed Rogers.

Comment

Considering a fair number of these men are no longer with us, the collection is even more impressive.

As riredsox suggested, would you be against filling in gaps with autos you didn't get yourself? Gene Brabender would be an example.

I wonder how many Mickey Fuentes autos are in existence. Even in Puerto Rico, they must surely be extremely rare.

Comment

Got some stuff signed TTM last year by Jim Gosger, including a copy of his '69 Pilots card. In my letter to him, I kidded him how his #4 was retired in Fenway and that my wife now uses "yeah suuuuuuuuuuuure" as a line at me.

He wrote back, thanking me for writing and he threw in a "yeah suuure!" as well.

I have O'Donoghue's 70 card signed as well. I do have some cards from Diego Segui, but I didn't get his 70 Pilots card signed, tho.

Also had some cards signed from Jim Pagliaroni as well.
          sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

I wrote to Bob Meyer once, and got perhaps the coolest response ever. He now owns a magazine called Barter News, and in my letter, I asked around 3 questions related to his short tenure with the Pilots, as well as his magazine. I got back a 2-page handwritten response, as well as my signed card. Very nice guy who I'm sure is happy to still hear from fans.

Comment

Originally posted by jakre View Post
              I started a Pilots autograph collection a couple years ago. Here's who I've gotten so far.

http://www.angelfire.com/ultra2/paci...9%20pilots.htm
              That is a great collection of Pilot autographs and you have inspired me. Up to now, I have only collected Detroit Tiger autos on home made baseball cards.

After coming across this site I decided to make a set of Pilot cards and try to get them autographed.

I have made 48 different cards so far and have sent out 13 for auto request a few days ago. I need about a dozen more photos that I am still searching for. I will keep my successes posted here.
              Last edited by davidsb; 12-09-2008, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by davidsb View Post
                That is a great collection of Pilot autographs and you have inspired me. Up to now, I have only collected Detroit Tiger autos on home made baseball cards.

After coming across this site I decided to make a set of Pilot cards and try to get them autographed.

I have made 48 different cards so far and have sent out 13 for auto request a few days ago. I need about a dozen more photos that I am still searching for. I will keep my successes posted here.
                You should have success with Diego Segui, John O'Donoghe and Gary Bell. I had a TTM success from Segui earlier this year and had an IP success from O'Donoghue earlier this year as well.

I just got stuff back from Bell on Saturday. I'm concinced the world and baseball needs more guys like him! Along with the card blowups I sent, I asked hom a question about something I'd read in Ball Four. After he was traded to the White Sox, Bell told Jim Bouton that he got hit for a $100 curfew violation and he was going to get even by nabbing $100 worth in baseballs. I asked him about it and his answer was:

"I gave away more than $100.00 worth. Last two weeks of the season, 30 games out of first place and the jack ass (ChiSox manager Don Gutteridge) checks rooms."

Like I said, Baseball needs more people like Gary Bell!
                sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SDL View Post
                  You should have success with Diego Segui, John O'Donoghe and Gary Bell. I had a TTM success from Segui earlier this year and had an IP success from O'Donoghue earlier this year as well.

I just got stuff back from Bell on Saturday. I'm concinced the world and baseball needs more guys like him! Along with the card blowups I sent, I asked hom a question about something I'd read in Ball Four. After he was traded to the White Sox, Bell told Jim Bouton that he got hit for a $100 curfew violation and he was going to get even by nabbing $100 worth in baseballs. I asked him about it and his answer was:

"I gave away more than $100.00 worth. Last two weeks of the season, 30 games out of first place and the jack ass (ChiSox manager Don Gutteridge) checks rooms."

Thank you for the input. That is some funny stuff. Thanks!!

Comment

I received two back all ready after just 6 days!! I also received one back 'Return to Sender'.

Comment

I have made the worst mistake I could have. It is so easy to send out a Topps card to get autographed but my number one nightmare making my own cards came true today. I spelled a players name wrong. Tom Kelly, former great Twins manager, was a Pilot farmhand and I made a card of him and sent out. Along with the Piniella card, this was the one I was most looking forward to receiving back. He wrote a short note back and said I "can't be much of a fan .....very embarrassing for him" and he was 100% correct. I have made over 100 different of these cards and I check them over and over to make sure everything is right and some how I missed this one. I am going to write him back and apologize. I hope he accepts it.

Comment

Jim Bouton - 11 days.

Comment

Originally posted by SDL View Post
                          The world needs more people like Gary. "Smoke 'em inside!"

Your cards are really nice, David. I like the Tommy Davis one in particular.
                          3 6 10 21 29 31 35 41 42 44 47

"All of which makes perfect sense on paper, unless you have actually at any time in your life watched baseball being played." - The Commissioner

Comment

21 Successes so far

Gordy Lund in todays mail made 21 successes so far and thought it was time to display them:

Comment

Glad to see that Tom Kelly was nice enough to look past that little spelling error, David.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X