Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seattle M's Dress up as Pilots Sun-July 9

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Seattle M's Dress up as Pilots Sun-July 9

    The Seattle Mariners have decided to have the team dress up as the Seattle Pilots after 26 years of fans asking them to do so at Safeco Field. The Pilots will play the Tigers on Sunday, July 9, 2006 and the first 20,000 fans will get a Pilot hat.

  • #2
    I wonder if they got permission from the Milwaukee Brewers to wear the Pilots jerseys.

    The Brewers I believe still own the Pilots name.They had a game against the White Sox at Milwaukee County Stadium in 1999 where the Brewers wore the Seattle Pilots jerseys.

    Comment


    • #3
      I've been waiting 30 years for the Mariners to finally pay some tribute to the Pilots and they finally do it. The only problem for me is after spending my entire lifetime in the Northwest I'm moving to North Carolina on the 11th of June. I won't get to see it, ****.

      Comment


      • #4
        I got my tickets !

        I went to a Pilots game when I was eight. I won tickets at Putt-Putt Golf. It's interesting why the M's never remembered the Pilots until now ? I guess it is a bad memory to Seattle and to Major League Baseball.

        Comment


        • #5
          A Ticket Winner!

          Say...

          That would be exciting to win tickets to the Pilots game. Which game(s) did you attend, and who were the Pilots playing? Do you have any snapshots of the players or sick's seattle stadium? What do you remember about that wonder season?
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Tailwind Tommy; 11-13-2008, 05:54 AM. Reason: Editing photo

          Comment


          • #6
            Great photo of Tommy Harper. If you go to the Pics thread here,There's a link from Baseball Steve,that has some rare Pilots pictures. I get an e-mail alert when he posts new pictures on his ebay site and there are some of Tommy Davis,Don Mincher and Gary Bell in spring training. He has a few others like Mike Marshall and Tommy Harper. The Harper picture is in the California Angels section because he's in a rundown with Rick Reichardt. You'll never see his pictures anywhere else. He buys the negatives and owns the rights to his pictures. Check it out! :atthepc

            Comment


            • #7
              Pilot Memories

              I remember I went with my Dad. We always went to a game, whether it was Babe Ruth, Little League, American Legion, Semi Pro League or Fast Pitch Softball. I remember one night we watched this guy, can't remember the name, but It was just him pitching, a catcher, a first baseman and a fielder. This guy tossed fastpitch, and if memory serves me, he also pitched blind folded.

              As for Pilot Memories of that game, the only thing I can recall, is I ate everything the concession stand offered. We sat behind the plate.
              Last edited by Rennie Stennett; 06-26-2006, 07:11 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Was the softball team,Eddie Feigner and his King's Court? After he retired,former Astro's and Expos catcher,John Bateman caught for Feigner's famous 4 man team.



                Originally posted by Rennie Stennett
                I remember I went with my Dad. We always went to a game, whether it was Babe Ruth, Little League, American Legion, Semi Pro League or Fast Pitch Softball. I remember one night we watched this guy, can't remember the name, but It was just him pitching, a catcher, a first baseman and a fielder. This guy tossed fastpitch, and if memory serves me, he also pitched blind folded.

                As for Pilot Memories of that game, the only thing I can recall, is I ate everything the concession stand offered. We sat behind the plate.

                Comment


                • #9
                  You Got It

                  Originally posted by JohnGelnarFan
                  Was the softball team,Eddie Feigner and his King's Court? After he retired,former Astro's and Expos catcher,John Bateman caught for Feigner's famous 4 man team.
                  King's Court: That's it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Goosenoggle Slipgear
                    I've been waiting 30 years for the Mariners to finally pay some tribute to the Pilots and they finally do it. The only problem for me is after spending my entire lifetime in the Northwest I'm moving to North Carolina on the 11th of June.
                    Whoa, that's a huge change! Well, how do you like North Carolina so far now that you've been there for a few weeks?
                    Last edited by Seattle1; 07-04-2006, 08:23 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Today is the day.

                      Today is the day the Mariners are going to wear Seattle Pilots uniforms at Safeco against the Tigers. Tigers are going to wear throwback uniforms too!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Thanks for the reminder,Seattle1. I wish I could see the game but will watch the highlights on Sportscenter. The only thing that won't be the same will be the length of the pants. High stirrups looked so much better. I can't stand the Pajama bottoms worn these days!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by JohnGelnarFan
                          I can't stand the Pajama bottoms worn these days!
                          I agreee that looks weird, lol!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Seattle1
                            Whoa, that's a huge change! Well, how do you like North Carolina so far now that you've been there for a few weeks?
                            Well I just got my internet working again. Having grown up and practically lived my entire life in the Seattle area living in North Carolina is certainly a lot different. I'm trying to get use to the humidity. I can't believe all the thunderstorms here. All in all I wish I was back in the beautiful northwest going to the M's games and listening to Dave Niehaus and Rick Rizz do the broadcasts. But I can't.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Some real great stuff in the Seattle Times today on the Pilots. Including a where are the now section.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X