X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JohnGelnarFan
    replied
    Team Photo

I just bought the team photo shown here on ebay. Jim Bouton isn't in it because he had already been traded to the Houston Astros for Dooley Womack,who is in the photo.You might also notice that Dooley Womack is in it and Tommy Davis isn't. He had also been traded to the Astros for Danny Walton and Sandy Valdespino.

Leave a comment:

• Knick9
    replied
    Thanks webmaster, this team should be interesting to talk about.

Leave a comment:

• webmaster
    replied
    Missing No Longer

Per the requests seen in this thread, a Seattle Pilots forum has been created. Enjoy and I look forward to reading a little here & there about this unique club.

Sean

Leave a comment:

• Elvis
    replied
    Just my humble contribution:

http://www.ballparktour.com/Former_Seattle.html
    (scroll down past Kingdome for Sick's Stadium)
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• POLO GROUNDS 1957
    replied
    Seattle Pilots Forum

Originally posted by webmaster
    The 1969 Seattle Pilots, as you are all aware, only existed one season. That one season is the one reason I have not started a stand-alone forum for the team. I believed that those seeking to post about the Pilots would just post in the Milwaukee Brewers forum.

I will open it if there is a general feeling it will work. I look at the Braves (non-Atlanta) forum and they are barely active, with quite a bit more history which makes me doubtful. I am willing to try most anything and nothing will be lost, except for time, for trying.

Sean

PS: Did you know that every box score for every Seattle Pilots game played can be accessed off that one link?
    Lets hope that we will see a seattle pilots forum in the teams of yesteryear soon Donald

Leave a comment:

• webmaster
    replied
    Is There Really Enough

The 1969 Seattle Pilots, as you are all aware, only existed one season. That one season is the one reason I have not started a stand-alone forum for the team. I believed that those seeking to post about the Pilots would just post in the Milwaukee Brewers forum.

I will open it if there is a general feeling it will work. I look at the Braves (non-Atlanta) forum and they are barely active, with quite a bit more history which makes me doubtful. I am willing to try most anything and nothing will be lost, except for time, for trying.

Sean

PS: Did you know that every box score for every Seattle Pilots game played can be accessed off that one link?

Leave a comment:

• Kroxquo
    replied
    Interesting in that Pilots' picture above that Jim Bouton is not in the photo, nor is he mentioned as being missing. Anyone know what the deal is there?

Leave a comment:

• Chisox73
    replied
    I'm all in favor of a Seattle Pilots forum.

Leave a comment:

• Dizzy
    replied
    We could have some great "Ball Four" discussions on a Pilots forum. THe Pilots existed 15 years before I was born, but I have read that book 5 times. Its my favorite.

Leave a comment:

• dreifort
    replied
    Originally posted by Indiana COBB
    Perhaps a Kansas City Atheletics Forum should be added...

File it under "New York Yankees Minor League Farm Team"

Leave a comment:

• Indiana COBB
    replied
    Perhaps a Kansas City Atheletics Forum should be added, or atleast rename the Philladelphia Athletics Forum, so that It reads Philladelphia/Kansas City Athletics, much like the current Boston/Milwakuee Braves Forum, I just feel that Kansas City should get some love for holding the A's until their migration west was complete

Leave a comment:

• Aa3rt
    replied
    Another Pilots site...

Obviously there's some interest out there.

Seattle Pilots website

Leave a comment:

• eephus75
    replied
    Here here! I'll move this to the Pilots site when it arrives.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• POLO GROUNDS 1957
    started a topic Seattle Pilots

Seattle Pilots

hello to everyone, i was wondering was is there not a place in the teams of yesteryear for the SEATTLE PILOTS. i am sure that there are fans out there. LETS GET A SPOT FOR THE SEATTLE PILOTS on TEAMS OF YESTERYEAR SECTION. take care everyone DONALD DETROIT MI :gt

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X