Marty Pattin team strikeout record.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marty Pattin team strikeout record.

With the Pilots in 1969, pitcher Marty Pattin had 169 strikeouts. Carrying over to the Milwaukee Brewers, that mark stood until 1986, when Ted Higuera (finally) surpassed it with 207. I thought that was a long time for that record to get broken. I do wonder if that was the last record finally broken by a Brewer. Also, I thought that it took a long time for a Brewer to set a new batting average mark set by a Pilot. Greg Goossen's .309 average was listed as the all-time Brewers' best until 1978, when Cecil Cooper hit .312.

By the way, I love this site, and I've been spending most of my time here on the Seattle Pilots threads. I joined this forum about two years ago, however, haven't had much time to spend here on Baseball Fever. I've always been intrigued with the Pilots and Milwaukee Braves. I have read Jim Bouton's books, as well as his first wife's book, and I have distant relatives in Seattle, where I've jogged their memories on baseball in Seattle.

With that, I hope that I have time to come back here more often, and learn more about the Seattle Pilots, as well as contribute a little something in connection with the Pilots.

Originally posted by Baseball fan in Milwaukee View Post
    With the Pilots in 1969, pitcher Marty Pattin had 169 strikeouts. Carrying over to the Milwaukee Brewers, that mark stood until 1986, when Ted Higuera (finally) surpassed it with 207. I thought that was a long time for that record to get broken. I do wonder if that was the last record finally broken by a Brewer. Also, I thought that it took a long time for a Brewer to set a new batting average mark set by a Pilot. Greg Goossen's .309 average was listed as the all-time Brewers' best until 1978, when Cecil Cooper hit .312.
    Correction to Marty Pattin's SO stats -- He had 169 strikeouts with the 1971 Milwaukee Brewers-- the same year he was a member of the 1971 American League All-Star team. The Topps 1972 indicates an error in his SO stat for the '71 year. They corrected it on the 1973 card.
    Attached Files

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X