• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's another rare one..Gary Bell

Steve
    "Steve's Baseball Photography Pages"

Comment

Great Photo Steve.I'll add it to my list. Happy Father's Day!

Comment

I bid on a few Pilots photos on ebay. Tommy Davis and Don Mincher from StevesBaseball and a John Gelnar autographed photo! (but it's as a 1970 Brewer)

Comment

I purchased One of the Don Mincher photos and some others from Steve's website today. If anyone is interested in Pilot or other teams photos,I highly recommend that you check his website or ebay auctions. The prices are very reasonable for such rare photos!

Originally posted by StevesBaseball
          I received a couple more today. All fantastic original medium format slides that should yield some fantastic prints.

Here's Tommy Davis in Spring Training 1969. I also have a similar one of Don Mincher and a couple of an unknown pitcher...maybe Gary Bell. It will take a couple days to get all my scanning done and I will post them.

Steve

Comment

Gelnar photo

Here's John Gelnar -
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Tailwind Tommy; 11-09-2015, 09:17 PM.

Comment

These are great pictures Tommy. I'm envious! I'll check ebay for an actual Pilots picture of Gelnar. Steve's Baseball is sending me the photo of Harper running down Rick Reichardt along with my others. Thanks for putting yours up!

Comment

Originally posted by StevesBaseball
                I received a couple more today. All fantastic original medium format slides that should yield some fantastic prints.

Here's Tommy Davis in Spring Training 1969. I also have a similar one of Don Mincher and a couple of an unknown pitcher...maybe Gary Bell. It will take a couple days to get all my scanning done and I will post them.

Steve
                I have seen very few pictures of Tommy Davis as a Seattle Pilot so this is a special rarity. And a beautiful picture it is too.

Comment

He's got another one of Tommy Davis,maybe in the same at bat. If anyone orders from Steve,make sure you specify what size you want the photos to be. The ones I got were 5" x 7" and he states that on his website and ebay. If you prefer 8" x 10",he will print to that size. They're beautiful photos. I also received a few non-Pilots.

Tim Cullen - 1972 Rangers spring training
                  Art Defilippis(who?) - 1972 Rangers spring training
                  Bob Bailey - Early Expos

Comment

Another neat Pilots bit of info. I found a website,www.star-collector.net that has lots of baseball players addresses. I sent two Pilots cards and a letter(with a return envelope) to former Pilots pitcher,Steve Barber. He signed both cards and returned them in about 10 days. We went to the same high school and played for the same summer league team,at different times,of course. A Seattle Pilot grew up in my neighborhood!

Comment

Another site...

Here's another website devoted to the Pilots I managed to stumble across:

www.the-kramerfamily.com/BREWERS-1969.html
                      "For the Washington Senators, the worst time of the year is the baseball season." Roger Kahn

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." Rogers Hornsby.

Comment

Looks like a family of Pilots fans made a very nice memorial to their one year wonders. Thanks Aa3rt!

Comment

Way Back When

This is before the Pilots

Comment

Dewey and Freddie

Emerson School Baseball Team 1932. Dewey Soriano, back row far left. Freddie Hutch, Middle row far right.

Comment

I see hills behind the third base side wall. What was the surrounding area like?

Originally posted by Rennie Stennett

This is before the Pilots

Comment

Quite an athletic looking group! Did Soriano ever reach 5' tall? Look at that manager! He looks like a sadistic disciplinarian!

Originally posted by Rennie Stennett

Emerson School Baseball Team 1932. Dewey Soriano, back row far left. Freddie Hutch, Middle row far right.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X