Brownie Radio in the '40's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stan opdyke View Post
    There is a Browns-White Sox game from 1953 that is available through Charlie Danrick. It is a partial broadcast. It was a Mutual Game of the day broadcast. Too bad more of those old Murual Game of the Day broadcasts aren't readily available. From what I understand Mutual preserved them all and donated them to the Library of Congress years ago.
    Thanks! Nabbed one, and was able to provide a second copy to a relative of Roy Sievers, who played in the game!

Comment

Browns On he Radio

I have about 120 minutes of excerpts of a 7/1/53 Browns(Littlefield) at Chisox (Rogovin) game. It's called on Mutual by Al Helfer and Art Gleeson. Does anyone in this group have anything to trade for it? Either a full or partial Browns' game?

Comment

now that Milo Hamilton is confirmed as a speaker at the St. Louis Browns reunion luncheon in June, we would like to gather as much data on what Milo actually did during 1953 as we can. am I understanding that he was just the TV announcer, correctly?thanks for any info

Comment

1) Howie Williams was punched in the face on the air as Senator's PR director c. 1950 before coming to St. Louis.
          2) Blattner, maybe warts and all, is nominated for the Ford C Frick (Hall Of Fame) tthis year.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X