Searching for Father and Grandfather history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching for Father and Grandfather history

My grandfather was somehow affiliated with the Browns in the 20s or 30s. His name was Peter C. Fister. My father was affiliated with the Cardinal organization in the 50s, he was named after Rogers Hornsby, his name was Rogers A. Fister.

Any assistance anyone can provide is greatly appreciated. THANK YOU.

the real deal!

Originally posted by Lisa View Post
    My grandfather was somehow affiliated with the Browns in the 20s or 30s. His name was Peter C. Fister. My father was affiliated with the Cardinal organization in the 50s, he was named after Rogers Hornsby, his name was Rogers A. Fister.

Any assistance anyone can provide is greatly appreciated. THANK YOU.
    Lisa -

Your grandfather, Peter C. Fister, played two years of minot baseball with the 1924 Kingsport Indians of the Class Appalachian League (.254 BA, 3 HR, - RBI record) and a second year with the Little Rock Travelers of the Class A Southern Association (.241 BA, 0 HR, 2 RBI).

Your father, Rogers Fister, had a pretty fair minor league career from 1952-58. Here's what he did as a pitcher by team, league, class level, & (W-L, ERA):

1952: Johnson City of the Appalachian League (D) (5-3, 4.26)

1953: St. Joseph of the Western Association (C) (17-11, 2.33)

1954: Peoria of the Three-I League (B) (5-8, 5.50)

1954: Omaha of the Western League (A) (1-3, ---)

1955: Allentown of the Eastern League (A) (5-4, 3.08)

1955: Houston of the Texas League (AA) (4-8, 4.50)

1956: Sioux City of the Western League (A) (3-14, 6.42)

1957: Topeka of the Western League (A) (0-0, 0.00)

1958: Mexico City Tigers of the Mexican League (AA) (1-3, 4.22)

Hope this helps. Sorry we were so late responding. And thank you for having a dad and grandad who told you the truth about their baseball backgrounds. That doesn't always happen.

- Bill McCurdy
    "Our fans never booed us. - They wouldn't dare. - We outnumbered 'em." ... Browns Pitcher Ned Garver.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X