Researching Sportsman Park Stadium Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Researching Sportsman Park Stadium Seat

I have a set of three stadium seats that was told to be from Sportsman's Park. I have tried researching but there is very little information available. Attached is a phot could anyone provide me any info.

Thanks
    Attached Files

sportsmans park seats

Don't know if I can be of much help but I have a set of three seats from Sportsmans Park. Mine differ somewhat from yours. I acquired my seats (here in Hannibal) when they tore them out of Clemens Field and threw them in a pile and anyone could have them. They were in sad shape and had to replace all the slats. I did keep some of the rotted out slats though.
    Hannibal acquired them when August Busch bought the Cardinals and renovated Sportsmans Park. So they brought quite a few here and installed them at Clemens Field. the browns had a farm team here in 1947 and 1948 called the Pilots. The most famous player was Roy Sievers who led the Central Association in homers and rbi's.
    I have a photo from the early 40's showing the seats I have and they match the framework. These seats were field level andthe back slats were straight not rounded like yours. The slats I replaced were straight (not rounded) and as far as I know the local Parks and Rec never did anything to the seats but paint them.
    Not saying yours aren't from Sportsmans Park but the bottom of the legs are different from mine.

Comment

Here is a photo of the Sportsman's Park seats on display at the Missouri Historical Society Museum in St. Louis. I assume these red seats are from the post-Browns era that began when the team left town at the end of the 1953 season. They also have three older seats with broken slats but I don't have a photo of those.

halloween-histmuseum 053.jpg

Comment

Actually, you can see one of the older seats in the upper right hand corner of the photo (behind the red seats).

Comment

Thanks for your help those are good pictures. It looks like the frame work of the ones I have are similar to the more recent seats, but the slats compare more to the earlier versions.

Comment

Sportsman's Park seats

You may be "in luck"--a set of three seats described as from
            Sportsman's Park was recently advertised on eBay for $2500;
            had the same red, white and blue paint, as your photos.
            You might contact him/her, through eBay--

Comment

If you're interested in selling some of your old Sportsman's seat slats, we might be
              interested? Mike (913) 262-3260 /

Comment

remodeled busch stadium seats

Think the red seats are ones put in during Busch Stadium remodeling (after 1953):twocents:

Comment

That ebay listing was actually my listing. I had recieved so many questions for my item I was hoping this thread would help me answer those questions. I relisted them on ebay starting at 1 dollar and I will let them go with no reserve. I have had others tell me they have the same chairs but none have any photos. The best way to find out would be to find and old worker from sportsmans park but the 1920's is where I believe these date so that would be tough. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by kokosforever View Post
                    sportsmans park seats

Don't know if I can be of much help but I have a set of three seats from Sportsmans Park. Mine differ somewhat from yours. I acquired my seats (here in Hannibal) when they tore them out of Clemens Field and threw them in a pile and anyone could have them. They were in sad shape and had to replace all the slats. I did keep some of the rotted out slats though.
                    Hannibal acquired them when August Busch bought the Cardinals and renovated Sportsmans Park. So they brought quite a few here and installed them at Clemens Field. the browns had a farm team here in 1947 and 1948 called the Pilots. The most famous player was Roy Sievers who led the Central Association in homers and rbi's.
                    I have a photo from the early 40's showing the seats I have and they match the framework. These seats were field level andthe back slats were straight not rounded like yours. The slats I replaced were straight (not rounded) and as far as I know the local Parks and Rec never did anything to the seats but paint them.
                    Not saying yours aren't from Sportsmans Park but the bottom of the legs are different from mine.
                    let's see the photo. i recently bought some 1920's seats and it would be great to see them in the ballpark. i find few photos of the red seats, but not the general admission older green seats.

Comment

those seats are 1930's, which sportsmans didn't have, not to mention painted that way and having brass number plates on them. that was usually done for indoor venues.

Comment

here are the seats i recently acquired.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X