X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• six4three
    replied
    Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan View Post
    No. When it was obvious that the Expos would move to DC, the Rangers allowed them to use the name Senators.
    I've heard that rumor, but never been able to verify it. Do you remember where you heard it?

Leave a comment:

• Dennie Cunningham
    replied
    Cooperstown Bat Company h

I know the Cooperstown Bat Company were forced to stop manufacturing there MLB team bats due to the high cost of paying "fees", making the bats too expensive to purchase by most customers. I only have a few and wish I had one bat for every team............

Leave a comment:

• Urbanshocker13
    replied
    Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan View Post
    No. When it was obvious that the Expos would move to DC, the Rangers allowed them to use the name Senators.
    Oh, ok Well they where actually the nationals anyways when they where the senators for a while at least. Thats weird so they could be the expansion senators but not the original senators that the Twins became dosen't matter same name.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Urbanshocker13 View Post
    MLB licences to companies like Copperstown collection ect. So I think the all get their cut, the Orioles might get a cut they do keep the rights to the name, like there can't be an expansion team in St Louis called the browns without primission from the Orioles. So they might get some money. Is'nt that why the Nationals arn't named the Senators?

Leave a comment:

• Urbanshocker13
    replied
    MLB licences to companies like Copperstown collection ect. So I think the all get their cut, the Orioles might get a cut they do keep the rights to the name, like there can't be an expansion team in St Louis called the browns without primission from the Orioles. So they might get some money. Is'nt that why the Nationals arn't named the Senators?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    A more general question:

Since when is merchandise a part of the clubs' revenues?

I can imagine that it did not play a part before the sixties.

Does anybody know?

Leave a comment:

• aqib
    replied
    It was a bar in Brooklyn, the bar won the lawsuit since it was tried in a court in Brooklyn. Apparently it goes by another name now.

Leave a comment:

• Sooperdon
    replied
    Browns' merchandising rights

You can allways sell bootleg St. Louis Browns merchandise and see who sues you..

Seems teams are usually allowed to keep their history when they move, I would think the Orioles own the name. But I could be wrong. I remember hearing about the LA Dodgers suing a guy in Brooklyn for using the Brooklyn Dodgers name, his defence was that since they moved to LA, they don't have a claim on the name Brooklyn Dodgers anymore. I never did hear the outcome of that law suit.

Leave a comment:

• disgrig
    started a topic Browns' merchandise monies

Browns' merchandise monies

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know where the money from Browns' merchandise (hats, jerseys, etc.) goes these days? I assume if it is "Cooperstown Collection," the hall of fame is making money off the deal or MLB. Do the Orioles get any of the money?

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X