Senators Memorabilia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senators Memorabilia

I went to an old bookstore today,looking for some boys baseball books (The Chip Hilton Series) recommended by another BBF member. While there, I found some Washington Senators programs! I bought one from 1963 vs. the Twins and one from 1967 vs. the Angels. Both only cost a total of $18.00. At the checkout desk,they had 5 or 6 others from the mid 60's and a 1958 yearbook for $20.00 each. If anyone ever gets to Wheaton,they're at Bonifant Books(In the Dunkin' Donuts strip mall) on Georgia Avenue across from the Safeway.
    What Senators Memorabilia do you have?

JGF, I am sure you remember that the post-1960's Senators was the expansion version not the originals.
    Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Hi KCGHOST - Thanks for clarifying. I grew up as an expansion Senators fan and went to several games in their last years (69'-71) I'm also a member of the Washington Baseball Historical Society which puts out a quarterly newsletter and hosts reunions and events,when they can afford to! Unfortunately,the last one was in 2003.
      There's a great book written by one of the members,James R. Hartley, called "Washington's Expansion Senators 1961-1971". Anyone interested in the post 60's Senators will really enjoy this wonderful book.
      There are also several games for the pre and post Senators on audio tape and CD available online.

Comment

Still have the R43 Frank Howard H&B Louisville Slugger from late 60's, but I really wish I still had the Dick Lines and Rick Reichardt flannel jersey's that once graced my closet.h h h h h h h

Comment

What happened to your Jersey collection,Terry? Did you sell them? Those would have been great to still have. Dick Lines! Reichardt,I saw but Lines is only a player that i've read about. I remember seeing a John Gelnar Jersey for sale once and wish now that I'd bought it.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnGelnarFan
            What happened to your Jersey collection,Terry? Did you sell them? Those would have been great to still have. Dick Lines! Reichardt,I saw but Lines is only a player that i've read about. I remember seeing a John Gelnar Jersey for sale once and wish now that I'd bought it.
            Sold them in the late 80's. Probably got peanuts for them too, but I don't remember exactly how much. I try to block it from my memory. It seems to me that that stuff was expensive back then but you could always find it if you were willing to pay. Now, you can't even find it.

Comment

That's too bad. I know you must kick yourself for selling them. I don't have anything that valuable but my favorites are (Terry,you know of these)

framed 24" x 36" posters of Frank Howard and Mike Epstein.
              autographed Frank Howard baseball and Senators batting helmet.
              programs from the mid 60's and 1970-71'.
              a 1970 bat day bat
              lots of autographed photos and team plaques
              early 60's bobblehead (broken head h )
              Senators Tattoo!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnGelnarFan
                That's too bad. I know you must kick yourself for selling them. I don't have anything that valuable but my favorites are (Terry,you know of these)

framed 24" x 36" posters of Frank Howard and Mike Epstein.
                autographed Frank Howard baseball and Senators batting helmet.
                programs from the mid 60's and 1970-71'.
                a 1970 bat day bat
                lots of autographed photos and team plaques
                early 60's bobblehead (broken head h )
                Senators Tattoo!
                If you sell the tattoo, a prostitution charge will possibly follow.

Comment

It's rarely touched and when it is,it's free!

Comment

2 team cards

hi i have 2 team cards of washington one is 1963 and other is older any idea price of these thanks blaze
                    Last edited by blaze2u; 07-30-2006, 04:56 AM.
                    http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/3971/Jerky_Boys_Cremation_Services.html

Comment

Welcome to BBF blaze2u! Hope you enjoy this site! Who are the players that you have?

In regard to the cards you have,there are many factors. Condition of cards,Manufacturer(Topps,Beckett,etc...),who the player is.
                      I looked online for a free price guide and found one that has a 30 day free trial period.You won't be automatically renewed if you forget. Go to www.MyCards.info and register. They'll send a confirmation e-mail to you and you can look up your cards after that.
                      You can also just go on ebay and see what sellers are asking for. Your cards should be on there already.

Hope this helps!

Originally posted by blaze2u
                      hi i have 2 team cards of washington one is 1963 and other is older any idea price of these thanks blaze

Comment

Hi

Thanks John I appreciate that here are some of players i have ...pleis, howard, nichols,,bass,post,warwick,roberts, thompsom,davis,terry,williams,horlen, malzone,luplow,walker,curtis,mortonle[ppert,dark,spring,latman. zimmer,hendley,skinner,broglio,wynn. strickland,kemmerer,pearson,keane,bunning, teams are white sox , senators,dodgers,pirates and some others these are mostly 1963 down to 1958 the only ones I did recognise was maris and brooks robinson. Topps brand

I will check out site thanks again
                        Blaze

Comment

There are some neat names there Blaze. Some,I'm not sure of because they have very common names (Hank Thompson? Ted Williams?) If that's Ted Williams,you have one of the greatest hitters of all-time.

Wally Post was a good player. He hit over 200 homers and once hit 40 for the Reds.

Is that Elston Howard or Frank Howard? Elston won the MVP award one year for the Yankees and Frank led the American League in homers twice.

Joel Horlen was the ace of some bad White Sox teams.

Robin Roberts? He,Jim Bunning and Early Wynn are Hall Of Famers(If that's Early,not Jim Wynn). Jim Wynn was the Astros star and best power hitter for a number of years.

Dark,Terry,Malzone,Skinner and Albie Pearson were above average players.

Bob Hendley's claim to fame was pitching a one-hitter against the Dodgers but losing because Sandy Koufax pitched a no-hitter.

Ernie Broglio was a good pitcher but after being traded for Lou Brock,was never as good. It's ranked as one of the worst trades of all time.

I met Russ Kemmerer at a Washington Senators reunion and have his picture on my wall.

Good Luck finding your prices for these great cards!

Originally posted by blaze2u
                          Thanks John I appreciate that here are some of players i have ...pleis, howard, nichols,,bass,post,warwick,roberts, thompsom,davis,terry,williams,horlen, malzone,luplow,walker,curtis,mortonle[ppert,dark,spring,latman. zimmer,hendley,skinner,broglio,wynn. strickland,kemmerer,pearson,keane,bunning, teams are white sox , senators,dodgers,pirates and some others these are mostly 1963 down to 1958 the only ones I did recognise was maris and brooks robinson. Topps brand

I will check out site thanks again
                          Blaze

Comment

Hi John

What a guy I thank you for that. I had a garage sale and some guys came bye asked what I wanted for all the old ones I didn't know what to say so I said 300 I was going to say 200 instead and he said he would have to get back to me, unfortunaly the guy stole a brooks robinson card and I didn't like that so when he came back I told him they were gone and somebody stole them, he was bummed big time and I was glad cause he should not of stole from me. I am a moral person and I am the type If somebody really wants something of mine I am more opt t give them it because they would gey more pleasure from it than I. I don't like people who steal from others,,,,,greed is a bad thing I see to much of here in California.

I appreciate your kindness in helping me. I am going to take some pictures of the cards and just put them on craigs list for 200 I didnt list them all I had just about half. So I figure that would be a good price, like I said they are not in perrfect condition but the are in good condition considering they are close to 45 years old.

I have a question for you if you don't mind me asking, I have lots of cards newer ones I collected over the years and besides my two all time favorite baseball players( the last real men of baseball) Nolan Ryan and Cal Ripken I am thinking of getting rid of the rest of them as well but for the life of me I can find out a hot list you know who is worth the most right or the top players. I know Lebron James who I have some and Michael Vick, shaq, A-rod, Jeter, other than them Im clueless. Do you know I might bew able to find such a list?

Once again John I appreciate your help and kindness

Have a great day
                            Blaze

Comment

Hi Blaze- If you're looking for a price list for your newer cards,put "sportscard price lists" in your search box and you'll find several options. The one I mentioned earlier has a free trial and covers all sports,not just baseball. There are others but you might have to join for a fee. I only looked at a few but not being a real collector,I may have missed other free sites.
                              I agree with you about the thief and you did the right thing by not selling them to him.

Good Luck!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X