Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jtbaseball
    replied
    Last summer I inherited many autographed baseballs from my grandfather-in-law. His brother had season tickets behind the visitor’s dugout in Kansas City and had other teams, and players sign baseballs for him. One is a 1971 team signed baseball from the Washington Senators. Ted Williams signed the sweet spot among many other players on the team. The balls sat in an old suitcase for the last 25+ years.

I’m glad to hear that people still have strong memories about the Senators. I will be looking into selling it, but was happy to be an owner of memorabilia from this team.

Leave a comment:

• Tony Poole
    replied
    I have been looking for a copy
    of "What a Baseball Manager Does" since 1971
    when I saw it in a public library
    and finally found a copy in good condition
    at a fair price last week on Alibris.
    The book features Ted WIlliams in his role
    as manager for the Senators and is packed with photos
    of the team throughout.
    It was a thrill to unpack it and look over each page...

Otherwise I just have a few Senators cards and the 1969 Citgo
    Frank Howard metal coin card which I found in a local shop.

It's good reading everyones posts about their treasured memorabilia.

Leave a comment:

• imacoy
    replied
    I have a completed box score from opening day 1960 (4/18/1960) against the Sox. Found it cleaning out my in-law grandparents place (they lived in Arlington). Washington 10, Boston 1. Ted Williams scored Boston's only run in the game and Eisenhower threw out the first pitch.

I framed it and it hangs in my office. Quite a piece from the 1st day of the last season.
    Last edited by imacoy; 01-31-2008, 04:51 AM. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

• PlayJay
    replied
    In my yearbook collection, I have the 1960 edition. It's truly a beautiful thing.

Leave a comment:

• JohnGelnarFan
    replied
    Hi Guys! - I haven't had the time to check in lately but I miss the Nats forum(as well as others).We have a celebrity amongst us! Rick Lines might not mean much to others but we certainly appreciate you giving us the info about your father's playing days!
    I recently purchased two game used bats on ebay(Thanks to Yankwood). I got a Del Unser and A Tim Cullen. The Cullen bat is cracked but in pretty good shape. The Unser bat is in terrific shape. Best to all of my fellow Nats Fans!

Leave a comment:

• Diggerduke1968
    replied
    Thanks

Thanks for the reply Yank. It's a good start. I'm not sure if that jersey would be valuable to anyone other than me or my sisters. Maybe I can track it down.

You'd like my dad, he doesn't take himself too seriously. Likes to talk about the homers he threw. Still goes on about the one Bill Freehan hit off him in Tiger stadium. I guess it hit off the facing and bounced halfway back to the infield. "tag him! tag him!" is the punch line.

Rick

Leave a comment:

• Yankwood
    replied
    Wow! Dick Lines son. I sold the jersey back around 1990-ish to a man by the name of Gary Hong who lived in the Balt-Wash area. Whether he still has it, I have no idea but he seemed to collect anything and everything concerning the Senators. Unfortunately, I have no other info than that. I just wish I had kept the jersey. It's one of my biggest regrets hobbywise.

Leave a comment:

• Diggerduke1968
    replied
    I'm Dick Lines' son

Hey Yankwood or anyone else, I'm Dick Lines' son. I was wondering where I can find anything (film, pictures, that jersey you talked about...) other than his card (I have tons) to help me preserve my father's career for my children? He didn't keep much from those days.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks,

Rick Lines

Leave a comment:

• JohnGelnarFan
    replied
    I received and have a few more photos coming from Steve's Baseball Photography website. I recently received 8" x 10"s of Denny McLain and David Clyde and have Jim Shellenback and Hank Allen coming this week. Allen's is a color photo from a 1969 Senators game and the others are B&W 1972 and 1973(Clyde)spring training photos with the Rangers.
    Last edited by JohnGelnarFan; 08-13-2006, 01:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JohnGelnarFan
    replied
    Hi Blaze- If you're looking for a price list for your newer cards,put "sportscard price lists" in your search box and you'll find several options. The one I mentioned earlier has a free trial and covers all sports,not just baseball. There are others but you might have to join for a fee. I only looked at a few but not being a real collector,I may have missed other free sites.
    I agree with you about the thief and you did the right thing by not selling them to him.

Good Luck!

Leave a comment:

• blaze2u
    replied
    Hi John

What a guy I thank you for that. I had a garage sale and some guys came bye asked what I wanted for all the old ones I didn't know what to say so I said 300 I was going to say 200 instead and he said he would have to get back to me, unfortunaly the guy stole a brooks robinson card and I didn't like that so when he came back I told him they were gone and somebody stole them, he was bummed big time and I was glad cause he should not of stole from me. I am a moral person and I am the type If somebody really wants something of mine I am more opt t give them it because they would gey more pleasure from it than I. I don't like people who steal from others,,,,,greed is a bad thing I see to much of here in California.

I appreciate your kindness in helping me. I am going to take some pictures of the cards and just put them on craigs list for 200 I didnt list them all I had just about half. So I figure that would be a good price, like I said they are not in perrfect condition but the are in good condition considering they are close to 45 years old.

I have a question for you if you don't mind me asking, I have lots of cards newer ones I collected over the years and besides my two all time favorite baseball players( the last real men of baseball) Nolan Ryan and Cal Ripken I am thinking of getting rid of the rest of them as well but for the life of me I can find out a hot list you know who is worth the most right or the top players. I know Lebron James who I have some and Michael Vick, shaq, A-rod, Jeter, other than them Im clueless. Do you know I might bew able to find such a list?

Once again John I appreciate your help and kindness

Have a great day
    Blaze

Leave a comment:

• JohnGelnarFan
    replied
    There are some neat names there Blaze. Some,I'm not sure of because they have very common names (Hank Thompson? Ted Williams?) If that's Ted Williams,you have one of the greatest hitters of all-time.

Wally Post was a good player. He hit over 200 homers and once hit 40 for the Reds.

Is that Elston Howard or Frank Howard? Elston won the MVP award one year for the Yankees and Frank led the American League in homers twice.

Joel Horlen was the ace of some bad White Sox teams.

Robin Roberts? He,Jim Bunning and Early Wynn are Hall Of Famers(If that's Early,not Jim Wynn). Jim Wynn was the Astros star and best power hitter for a number of years.

Dark,Terry,Malzone,Skinner and Albie Pearson were above average players.

Bob Hendley's claim to fame was pitching a one-hitter against the Dodgers but losing because Sandy Koufax pitched a no-hitter.

Ernie Broglio was a good pitcher but after being traded for Lou Brock,was never as good. It's ranked as one of the worst trades of all time.

I met Russ Kemmerer at a Washington Senators reunion and have his picture on my wall.

Good Luck finding your prices for these great cards!

Originally posted by blaze2u
    Thanks John I appreciate that here are some of players i have ...pleis, howard, nichols,,bass,post,warwick,roberts, thompsom,davis,terry,williams,horlen, malzone,luplow,walker,curtis,mortonle[ppert,dark,spring,latman. zimmer,hendley,skinner,broglio,wynn. strickland,kemmerer,pearson,keane,bunning, teams are white sox , senators,dodgers,pirates and some others these are mostly 1963 down to 1958 the only ones I did recognise was maris and brooks robinson. Topps brand

I will check out site thanks again
    Blaze

Leave a comment:

• blaze2u
    replied
    Hi

Thanks John I appreciate that here are some of players i have ...pleis, howard, nichols,,bass,post,warwick,roberts, thompsom,davis,terry,williams,horlen, malzone,luplow,walker,curtis,mortonle[ppert,dark,spring,latman. zimmer,hendley,skinner,broglio,wynn. strickland,kemmerer,pearson,keane,bunning, teams are white sox , senators,dodgers,pirates and some others these are mostly 1963 down to 1958 the only ones I did recognise was maris and brooks robinson. Topps brand

I will check out site thanks again
    Blaze

Leave a comment:

• JohnGelnarFan
    replied
    Welcome to BBF blaze2u! Hope you enjoy this site! Who are the players that you have?

In regard to the cards you have,there are many factors. Condition of cards,Manufacturer(Topps,Beckett,etc...),who the player is.
    I looked online for a free price guide and found one that has a 30 day free trial period.You won't be automatically renewed if you forget. Go to www.MyCards.info and register. They'll send a confirmation e-mail to you and you can look up your cards after that.
    You can also just go on ebay and see what sellers are asking for. Your cards should be on there already.

Hope this helps!

Originally posted by blaze2u
    hi i have 2 team cards of washington one is 1963 and other is older any idea price of these thanks blaze

Leave a comment:

• blaze2u
    replied
    2 team cards

hi i have 2 team cards of washington one is 1963 and other is older any idea price of these thanks blaze
    Last edited by blaze2u; 07-30-2006, 04:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X