X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dalkowski110
    I could go on even further...
    You could go on ad infinitum. That's the point.

Comment

Originally posted by csh19792001
      You could go on ad infinitum. That's the point.
      Did any of you change those articles to fix them? That would solve the problem...
      CLEVELAND INDIANS Central Division Champions

1920 1948 1954 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2001 2007

Comment

"Did any of you change those articles to fix them? That would solve the problem..."

You mean after a couple days finding sources for my stuff, along with unpublished research work on the Boer War? You have to cite something that is both reputable and published to be taken seriously. I gave up long ago when they were saying the leading expert on Lee-Enfield rifles, Ian Skennerton, shouldn't be taken seriously. Sure, I changed that stuff. And it all got changed around back because some jerks just can't stand to be wrong...as far as I'm concerned, it gets as much done as banging your head against a wall...
        "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
        -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

"Did any of you change those articles to fix them? That would solve the problem..."

You mean after a couple days finding sources for my stuff, along with unpublished research work on the Boer War? You have to cite something that is both reputable and published to be taken seriously. I gave up long ago when they were saying the leading expert on Lee-Enfield rifles, Ian Skennerton, shouldn't be taken seriously. Sure, I changed that stuff. And it all got changed around back because some jerks just can't stand to be wrong...as far as I'm concerned, it gets as much done as banging your head against a wall...
          Well, thank you for trying. I just wanted to hear that.
          CLEVELAND INDIANS Central Division Champions

1920 1948 1954 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2001 2007

Comment

*Thumbs up*

Comment

Thanks...it was always 1 step forward and 2 more steps backward on wikipedia. I also wrote an article for 'em concerning a certain website that promotes East Asian and Southeast Asian supremacy. That got flagged for deletion, after I spent two weeks writing the damn thing and citing both conservative and liberal criticisms of it. Yep, it was deleted. Now I see another article's up for it, and that's actually not bad especially seeing when a national scandal rocked wikipedia, they set some kind of high standard about articles being flagged for deletion, but now, the problem is getting really stupid, unnecessary articles removed.
              "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
              -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

BoofBonzer26 seems to have less of an agenda than some others. He seems to be more along the lines of lighting a candle instead of cursing the darkness. For those of us posing as professors, I find some people have too much time on their hands. I don't. I just wanted to check data on a Wikipedia article on Graham Texas. Rant on. I'm outta here.

Comment

I'm surprised that a professor is both, using wikipedia, and is unaware of what the rainbow flag is.

Comment

Thread locked!

Gentlemen:

I believe that we have clearly established that:

A. Josh Loe and Drew Walp never played for the Washington Senators.

B. Wikipedia is a reference that has varying degrees of usefulness and that anything posted must be taken with the proverbial "grain of salt".

As any further discussion has absolutely NOTHING to do with the Washington Senators (Remember them? The reason for this forum being here?) this thread is now LOCKED!
                    Last edited by Aa3rt; 03-06-2007, 10:45 AM.
                    "For the Washington Senators, the worst time of the year is the baseball season." Roger Kahn

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." Rogers Hornsby.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X