Tom Cheney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Cheney

Hi -- I'm an author looking for anyone who has any memories or materials related to Tom Cheney and his 21K game in 1962.....

Probably best to ask in the History of the Game forum. This one doesn't get much traffic.

Comment

Tom Cheney

Many thanks

Comment

It's sad that more people aren't even aware of the event occurring. With only4,098 fans attending that game, I'm not sure how many first person anecdotes, you're likely to get.

Comment

I am not going by any record books, strickly from memory. I grew up in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area and the Senators were the only team to see. I vividly remember that Tom Chenney struck out 21 hitters in an extra inning game (don't remember how many innings; 18 comes to mind), but the game did not end until 3:00 - 4:00 am and it was very, very cold. I was only a very young boy that would not leave the game until it was over.

Don't know exactly what you are looking for in terms of info, but I certainly thought that Tom did a fantastic job in that COLD weather and pitching that many innings.

Comment

It was a sixteen inning game on 9/12/62.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X