Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone please identify this player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone please identify this player?

I bought this picture on eBay assuming that it was Joe Grzenda. I sent it to his home to have him autograph it for me... he writes on my letter saying that it is NOT him. Boy I felt embarrassed. So the burning question is... does anyone know who this person is?
    Attached Files
    Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Dave Baldwin?

AC-At first glance, it looks like it may be Dave Baldwin-however, I'm not 100% sure. Let me check out some old photos & cards I have at home ( I'm at work.) and I'll try to get back this evening.

Whoever it is, he doesn't appear to be too thrilled with the Senators prospects for the upcoming season.
    Last edited by Aa3rt; 01-04-2008, 07:40 AM.
    "For the Washington Senators, the worst time of the year is the baseball season." Roger Kahn

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." Rogers Hornsby.

Comment

Originally posted by Aa3rt View Post
      AC-At first glance, it looks like it may be Dave Baldwin-however, I'm not 100% sure. Let me check out some old photos & cards I have at home ( I'm at work.) and I'll try to get back this evening.

Whoever it is, he doesn't appear to be too thrilled with the Senators prospects for the upcoming season.
      Hey Art,
      Yeah, if you could please let me know that would be awesome.
      Thanks again,
      ~Tony~

Comment

Whoever it is, he looks very familiar...I must've had one of his baseball cards. Here's Dave Baldwin. I don't think it's him.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ipitch View Post
          Whoever it is, he looks very familiar...I must've had one of his baseball cards. Here's Dave Baldwin. I don't think it's him.
          Oh man. It looks 50% like Baldwin. I just don't want to send it to him, and he too writes back saying that it's not him. Any other guesses?

Comment

I'm stumped!

AC-I was wrong about Dave Baldwin. However, having gone through my collection of Senators cards from the last 3 seasons they were in Washington (1969-1971) and my book on the expansion Senators (which doesn't contain many photographs) I can't find anyone who even remotely resembles this gentleman.

Judging by the uniform I'd have to say that this was from the last years of the Senators existence so possibly this was a late season call up or someone who had the proverbial "cup of coffee" with the Senators.

I haven't given up-yet-but this is a real puzzler.
            "For the Washington Senators, the worst time of the year is the baseball season." Roger Kahn

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." Rogers Hornsby.

Comment

Originally posted by Aa3rt View Post
              AC-I was wrong about Dave Baldwin. However, having gone through my collection of Senators cards from the last 3 seasons they were in Washington (1969-1971) and my book on the expansion Senators (which doesn't contain many photographs) I can't find anyone who even remotely resembles this gentleman.

Judging by the uniform I'd have to say that this was from the last years of the Senators existence so possibly this was a late season call up or someone who had the proverbial "cup of coffee" with the Senators.

I haven't given up-yet-but this is a real puzzler.
              I'll make you a deal Art. If you figure out who this mystery Senator is ... When we go to the SOMD Blue Crabs game this spring/summer... I'll buy you 2 beers (hey, they run waht? About 6 bucks each?)... or if you don't drink, I'll buy you two sodas. What do ya say pal?

Comment

Can somebody please identify this player?

It's Greg Goossen who was with the Senators briefly in 1970.

Comment

Originally posted by ssacc98 View Post
                  It's Greg Goossen who was with the Senators briefly in 1970.
                  How in the world did you figure it out?

Comment

Can someone please identify this player?

I have a photo bank with over 22,000 images of players...with special emphasis on players from the mid 60's through the mid 70's. If ever you need help identifying a player, please let me know,

Steve

Comment

Thanks Steve!!!!!

Comment

Here's Greg Goossen one year before the Senators picture.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Steve!

Greg Goossen appeared in a grand total of 21 games with the 1970 Senators, hitting .222 (8 hits in 36 AB) with 1 RBI.

Career record here: Greg Goossen Career Record

Goossen is one of 6 players (the others-George Brunet, Wayne Comer, John Kennedy, Don Mincher & Diego Segui) who have the "distinction" of playing for both the Senators and the short-lived Seattle Pilots.
                          Last edited by Aa3rt; 01-05-2008, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Did some sleuthing around. Seems like Mr Goossen has been in Hollywood. He had a role in over 15 different movies. And in the off season, he was a undercover cop.
                            Here's a list of flicks that he has been in:
                            http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...icial%26sa%3DN

And yes.... it's the same Greg Goossen... the one who played ball.

Comment

He's a stand-in for Gene Hackman. Neat.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X