Eddie Brinkman 1941-2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eddie Brinkman 1941-2008

I don't know how many have heard, but Eddie Brinkman died Tuesday, aged 66 from a brief illness.

Sad news indeed, but I thank you for the information.

Eddie Brinkman career record

I saw Eddie play in his last game on September 28th of 1975 when he ended his career with the New York Yankees.

Here's Eddie as I remember him, from his 1969 & 1970 Topps cards: (1970 card on left, 1969 on right)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Aa3rt; 10-02-2008, 01:22 PM.
    "For the Washington Senators, the worst time of the year is the baseball season." Roger Kahn

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." Rogers Hornsby.

Comment

Really sorry to hear the news. He was one amazing shortstop.

There was one game back in 1969 where he gloved a grounder in short center field threw to the second baseman for an out and who then doubled up the runner at first.

He was one of the most popular Senators.

Rest in Peace.

Comment

Eddie Brinkman's obituary in the Washington Post

Here's a link to Eddie Brinkman's obituary in the Washington Post:

Eddie Brinkman obituary
        "For the Washington Senators, the worst time of the year is the baseball season." Roger Kahn

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." Rogers Hornsby.

Comment

I'm very sorry to hear this. I remember Eddie Brinkman well.

Comment

Great defensive SS.

RIP.

Comment

With all due respects to Roy McMillan, Ray Oyler, Dal Maxville, Mark Belanger, etc., the smoothest SS of his ers was Eddie Brinkman. I tried to copy his style as a kid but my results were an embarrassment to myself and a dishonor to a truly great infielder.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X