Frank Howard 1968?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank Howard 1968?

I remember that Frank Howard set a major league record in 1968 for home runs in one week when he hit ten homers in 20 at bats. What I'd like to know is how many other hits did he have that same week? It was May 12-18 1968.

T.

If you go over to retrosheet.org you can look at the box scores for that time and get the answer you want. It's really impressive.
    Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Originally posted by KCGHOST View Post
      If you go over to retrosheet.org you can look at the box scores for that time and get the answer you want. It's really impressive.
      I checked out the site and they do have a zip file for 1968. I downloaded that but it is a text file which is a jungle of names and numbers. There must be a way to read it but I am not that computer savvy.

T.

Comment

Go to Games/People/Parks and look up either the box scores and play by play for the games you want or look up Frank Howard.

FYI: make sure you have an up to date virus guard if you're using Retrosheet. The virus guard on my laptop won't let me access Retrosheet and sometimes my desktop blocks it as well.

Comment

I went to Baseball reference.com and looked up the boxscores for the 1968 Senators... I counted 2 singles and a double on top of the home runs.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X